Home Forums General Discussion New rheumy started me on AP!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly
    Participant

Hello All,

So glad to report that the new Rheumatologist I saw this week was very agreeable to start me on AP. We now have a great source in the Denver area that I will pass on to the roadback doctor list.

Interesting though, she was very familiar with AP, The Roadback book and it's studies…had great respect for it, but not necessarily convinced of the mycoplasma connection. She feels minocin is effective in inhibiting key enzymes that contribute to the disease process and prescribes often for her milder cases. She called them 'matrix metalloproteinase enzymes' and stated their significance in inflammation and cartilage destruction. Current research has shown minocin to be very effective in inhibiting…several pieces on the internet that I was able to reference.

My comment was…”wow, you just gave me and Roadback ANOTHER reason as to why every RA patient should be on AP as a baseline treatment!” We laughed and agreed to work as a team regardless of our individual motives. BTW, she commended me for coming in with knowledge and a determination to be proactive in my treatment decisions. So, please stand up for yourself, your health depends on it!

Just thought I would share her take on the AP benefits. Wondering if any others had run into this additional information on the enzyme factor.

I for one am very excited about the protocol and even more convinced of its potential.

Best to all…

Trudi
    Participant

[user=1747]Kimberly[/user] wrote:

So glad to report that the new Rheumatologist I saw this week was very agreeable to start me on AP.

Very encouraging.  Hope more and more rheumatologists will give AP a try and be knowledgeable about it to boot!!

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Lakes
    Participant

Hi Kimberly!

I am so glad you found a good doctor!! 

I am trying to get my sister to go on AP, she lives in Denver and has had RA for years. Would it be possible to get your doctor's name and information for her?

Thanks, and good luck with your treatment!

roserdRA
    Participant

Hello:)

In addition of inhibition of Matrix Metalloproteinases it also upregulates Bcl-2. Located in the Mitochondria (the very power house of our cells) it prevents the cascade neccessary to induce programmed cell death (apoptosis). Which in turn down regulates inflammation significantly. This is fact in several different studies. From neuron protection in ischemic stroke, to kidneys, etc. proving that Minocycline in low doses is overall cell protective.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15004018

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2202/10/126

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WBK-4H68R5D-9&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1078487819&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=fdaff3911c65d0725a89ce07b813b9fa

tibburron
    Participant

Kimberly-

Wondering how it is going w/ Dr. H?  I'm going to see her for the 1st time Wednesday. I just got an antibody suggesting mixed connective tissue disease.

Thanks, Tiffany

Edited post to remove physician's full name as per forum policy. Thanks for your understanding. Admin

mschmidt
    Participant

Kimberly,

Wow…a rheumy that agreed to give you AP–that's great news:D  Now tell her to tell a few of her fellow rheumies to hop on board:P…we sure could use some more!

The best of luck to you–I'm excited for you to start AP!]

Check in with us and let us know how you're doing.

Maria

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ New rheumy started me on AP!’ is closed to new replies.