Home Forums General Discussion New paper on antibiotics for RA

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Joanne60
    Participant

Antibiotics for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
    Antibiotic treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) commenced in the 1930s with the use of sulfasalazine. Later, tetracyclines were successfully used for the treatment of RA. In double-blind and randomized studies, levofloxacin and macrolide antibiotics (including clarithromycin and roxithromycin) were also shown to be effective in the treatment of RA. There have been several reports in the literature indicating that periodontal pathogens are a possible cause of RA. Oral bacteria are one possible cause of RA. In this review, we aimed to investigate the effects of different antibiotics in RA treatment.

http://www.dovepress.com/articles.php?article_id=15391

A recent publication pdf available – review of the literature but maybe a useful resource.

Sorry I haven’t been around for a while still on and off antibiotics intermittently for Lyme Disease but mostly off and mostly pretty good health just slowly declines after a few months off.

I managed to get GP to do good sales pitch to top Rheumy at local hospital – got consultation and 3 months clarithromycin plus Hydroxychloroquine by second month the least symptomatic in 10 years – with GP agreement took 4 months ( I think red blood cells have 4 month life and wanted to be sure to cover – I think Morton Laane says Borrelia can enter RBC and of course not sure if babesia could be a co infection but very theoretical without a good LLMD which we don’t have in UK )

Anyway still not 100% but we shall see not sure what next.

Best wishes to all Joanne and Happy healthier New Year

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.