Home Forums General Discussion New on mino. and ? about skin breakouts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    magsmc
    Participant

I know mino. is prescribed for acne, so was told it would actually help my skin.  I have had some minor adult acne for a while.  The first few weeks on pulsed dose of mino., my skin was greatly improved.  Yet, the past week, it is worse than it has ever been, just awful!  Nothing else has changed.  I am wondering if this is a part of die-off?  Anyone else experience skin problems and bad complexion?  Thanks-

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

I don't know whether this fits your situation or not, but, after 1+ years on mino daily, my daughter got horrible acne. She never had acne to speak of, but this was covering her face,chest,upper back, and upper arms. We were mortified. It began about six weeks after she moved away to college. We assumed that stress triggered it. Well, I read a post on the old RBF BB from an older man who was having a simular problem and it turned out to be yeast. Well, I asked Jess if she had been taking her probiotics and the answer was No! Well, she got back to taking the probiotics, but by that time, it wasn't enough. A week or so later she ended up with a girly yeast infection. She went to the doctor, got an RX for diflucan and within two days of the first one pill dose, her skin was at least 50% better. After she took the second pill one week later, the acne was gone.

So consider yeast.

Good luck!

Cheryl Ferguson

magsmc
    Participant

Thanks for your response.  So far (knock on wood) I'm not aware of any overt yeast issues, have had no infections thus far.  I have been taking a daily probiotic.  It might be a good theory though, because my skin is very strange…not just distinct pimples, but more of a bumpy appearance…it does make me think of when a baby gets a yeasty diaper rash, but not quite so red.  I wondered if it could be related to sort of s detox or die-off…as I did something similar once before when I started an elimination diet.  I hope it clears up soon!

Tiff
    Participant

Yes, I have had lots of trouble with my skin, but after a year on minocycline and a few months of topical clindamycin, it is clear and doing great.  It got a lot worse before it got better.  In addition to the mino, I also did some yeast treatments (nystatin/diflucan), although I never officially had any yeast infections diagnosed.  I also switched from commercial milk products to raw goat milk and goat milk products which may have helped.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ New on mino. and ? about skin breakouts’ is closed to new replies.