Home Forums General Discussion New obstacle in my road to recovery

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Noraclaypod
    Participant

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

Jan
    I use hydroegn peroxide also as a mouth rinse – use 1/3 to 2/3 water and also some sea salt. Dr Hedberg has said that it’s the world’s best mouthwash. Dont find any aftertaste a problem. Lynnie

But that’s the regular Hydrogen Peroxide like you get at the drugstore, not Food Grade 35% Hydrogen Peroxide! The drugstore variety has stabilizers and is toxic so it shouldn’t be swallowed. While 35% Food Grade has no stabilizer to make it toxic, It is very caustic–burns the fingers badly if you get some on them while using the dropper bottle! You have to follow the mixing instructions and only mix it with distilled or purified water, not tap water because of the chlorine and flouride in tap water! Food Grade 35% is the only one you can ingest, and then only when properly mixed with WATER.
    Just Ten drops to 8 oz of water for the Food Grade 35% Hydrogen Peroxide, makes the correct dilution.

Make sure no one drinks that highly concentrated a mixture of the caustic 35% Food Grade! It would cause terrible burns to the esophagus and possibly internal bleeding.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification Nora. I use 3% and would never swallow any, as I would never swallow any mouth wash. Helps not to take too much in at once. Lynnie

edited to correct percentage to 3%

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Trudi
    Participant

@Jan Lucinda1 wrote:

How do you get past the taste of the hydrogen peroxide to rinse twice a day?

Hi Jan–
    I use the 3% from Sam’s Club and add just a tiny bit of water to it. I don’t notice any unpleasant taste so this is not hard for me to do at all.
    Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Valsmum
    Participant

Dear Jennifer,

I have no information as far as cancer cures, wish I did, but you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get through this with as little pain as possible. We are all pulling for you. Take care,
    Sheri

mj47
    Participant

Hello Warrior Jen!
    You are an inspiration & I send you heartfelt kudos for fighting the fight. 🙂
    Although I haven’t done much research into cancer…I wanted to pass along this tidbit (which you may already be privy to) that I came across while looking into an anti-inflammatory for my husband’s psoriatic arthritis: astaxanthin.
    It seems to be a very powerful, naturally occuring anti-oxidant that has immune enhancing properties. Here is a link to a paper that I found: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=1jTg-Ckux7qPDoPWLp3iAAR3JapvlxDmuQ9YDJQ1NeJRmJCsWHsASxipg9hMV&hl=en

I believe that it is written by a company that produces astaxanthin (which is always raises a red flag concerning biased info), but there are lots of citations regarding studies done & there’s a wealth of information in it that seems worthy of consideration.

You have my good thoughts in your arsenal. Keep it up! 🙂
    ~mj

mj47
    Participant
    Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

If you use 3% hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash, a small amount must stay on the gum. When you next eat or drink, a very small amount must combine and be swallowed but I assume this is not a problem. Is this right?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.