Home Forums General Discussion New member intro

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    m.
    Participant

Hi everyone, just a short intro.

I'm a 44 yo female. I had my first arthritic joint flare in May 08. Out of the blue, my elbows were hot and very, very sore.

I've read “The New Arthritis Breakthrough”, as well as “Solving the Puzzling Problem of Arthritis”, “RA: The Infection Connection”, and “Overcoming Arthritis”.

I had some testing done via TARCI. I came up positive for M. hominis. In July, I started on 50 mg of Doxy, MWF, probiotics, and Wobenzyme between meals for inflammation.

My joint pain varies quite a bit day to day, as well as which joints are bothering me. But, I can already see that I've had some windows here and there where they don't hurt nearly as much as before. I'll take that as a good sign.

In hindsight, I think I was having arthritic pain in my hands last year (07), but mistook it for grip pain from riding my bike.

I'm glad to be here.

Michelle

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Michelle:

Welcome, we are glad you are here too.  Boy, have you done some reading!  All very good books that give you all the information to understand what is going on with your condition and how to manage it with the help of your doctor. 

I look forward to “seeing” you here on the BBoard, you have done so much reading that I am sure you will be a valuable contirbutor.

Cheryl F.

Maz
    Keymaster

Michelle,

So nice to meet you and glad you found this site :D…although very sorry, of course, that you to!

Sounds like you have had a fantastic start, getting yourself so thoroughly educated about AP, so early on, and to just dig in and get started. Certainly seems that when people start on AP early, symptoms seem to be easier to reverse.

Welcome and hope you visit often to share your road back with us.

Peace, Maz

PS If you would like to take advantage of starting your own “Personal Progress” thread, please feel free to do so! You'll find this area of the bulletin board right under where you first log on (only visible when logged on), under the main “Discussion” heading. These threads are intended for personal use only, although visible to all registered members only.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Michelle – just joining in the welcome. Whilst I'm sorry you”had” to find us, I'm really glad it's so early after your diagnosis and even symptoms. Your body wont have gone through the wringer with years of traditional meds that can often be such a problem to overcome……and early adopters of these protocols often respond very quickly. Best to you. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Michele
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

Ooops, it's hard to type that extra “l” :roll-laugh:

It's good you found the right info and that you are seeing results. I just posted a link earlier for newbies. You can see a glimpse of my story there. Sorry you have to join this group, but welcome. It's a good place to learn a lot and recover. We are the same age and your story sounds just like mine…only 8 months later to a dx.

from,
    Michele

The one with one “l”

m.
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome!

Michelle

j6256
    Participant

:roll-laugh: Hi Everyone!

Well I just joined today, I am happy to be here. My name is Joyce and I live in central florida area. I have Sjogrens Syndrome dx in 2006, I actually am the SS Support group leader for the Orlando/Lakeland area. I have been trying to treat my illness through natural methods as I do not want to go on the toxic drugs if I can. I also have had raynauds since the early 90's. Within the last year I have developed muscle weakness in my legs where stairs, getting my from a seated position were affectig me. I cannot exercise either. I havent been officially diagnosed but from what I read online it sounded alot like the Myositis condition. Anyways, a few weeks ago through an email from a lupus support grp leader in sarasota I was told their was a lady in NC who spends her winters in florida but has lupus and dermatomyositis and that she might be able to help me because she was in remission. I contacted the lady and lo and behold she has been in remission from both through a Dr. in the very same town I live in (his office is 5 miles from my house) she is on AB therapy. I got the Book (arthritis) and read it from begining to end. I have seen him twice, he is wonderful, I started AB therapy today. I also am now on a raw diet per his encouragment so far so good. I also will be starting a thyroid medication (natural0 in a few days as my thyroid is low. I am very encouraged. I look forward to any and all tips you all can give me on this journey. I feel very blessed as I came very close to going on steroids (I actually had an appt. with a new rhematologist on Sept 8th) I have since cancelled it and am giving the AB therapy a chance. I will share more as time allows.

Hugs

Joyce

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Joyce,

What a great story with all the chain of events that led you here! So happy that you're happy to have found us and just wanted to say welcome!

Feel free to browse the pages…you'll find some topics come up over and over again and, if you're looking for answers to something specific, you can type in key words in the search box above to find all the posts on that subject. There is also a good deal of information under the “Education” tab on the main http://www.roadback.org website with a newcomers section you might also find helpful.

Looking forward to getting to know you as you begin your road back!

Do you think there is any chance your new friend would like to write a testimonial for the website about her success on AP to bring her lupus into remission?

Peace, Maz

j6256
    Participant

she has posted on the road back & rhematic support pages as a matter of fact.

I am starting to expeerience some nausea with this second pill but I am sure it will pass. Thanks for the welcome!:roll-laugh:

Joyce

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Hi Michelle (with 2 l's), and welcome. Where in the Chicagoland area are you? We have quite a few on the board who are in this region.

Bonnie Lou

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=736]j6256[/user] wrote:

she has posted on the road back & rhematic support pages as a matter of fact.

Hi Joyce,

Have just sent you a private message. To retrieve, just click on “1 new message” above right. Thanks!

Peace, Maz

m.
    Participant

[user=61]bonnielou[/user] wrote:

Hi Michelle (with 2 l's), and welcome. Where in the Chicagoland area are you? We have quite a few on the board who are in this region.

Bonnie Lou

Hi Bonnie Lou, we've emailed about my MD in Chicago. I'm in the far north suburbs. Almost Wisconsin. 🙂

Michelle

Donna RA
    Participant

Welcome Michelle, how did you ever get in touch with anyone at TARCI?  They don't have much information on their web site?  Looks like either a fax or snail mail?

Donna RA

m.
    Participant

[user=41]Donna RA[/user] wrote:

Welcome Michelle, how did you ever get in touch with anyone at TARCI?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ New member intro’ is closed to new replies.