Home Forums General Discussion New Member

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Seaside Shell
    Participant

Hi,

I just joined RBF today and wanted to say how much I have appreciated reviewing the comments you have all posted on the Bulletin Board.  It has given me hope.

Right now, I am preparing to meet with my regular doctor to discuss AP as a treatment for RA.  Thank you also for the tools and advice on how to go about this step. 

I look forward to hearing from you all and welcome your input.

Seaside Shell

Kim
    Participant

Hi Seaside Shell, and welcome to the Roadback forum.  Wishing you lots of success on the Antibiotic Protocol.  Fingers crossed here that you have an open-minded doc who will help you. 😉 

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you.

Take care…..kim

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Shell:

Welcome to the RBFBB! We are a pretty supportive group if I do say so myself. In my opinion, leveraging your time and energy spent researching the various options through the actual experiences of real people is very effective. This way you can learn what many, many doctors are offering their patients and what is working for others with issues similar to your health issues.

Cheryl

sjess
    Participant

Hi New Member 🙂

Welcome! Glad to hear you have already found the site useful and informative. Good luck with your doctor. I brought up AP treatment with my GP and he would not prescribe it for me. But I ended up finding a wonderful doctor through this site who is taking care of me with AP treatments.

Glad to meet you Sea Shell. My best to you!

Sharon

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi SS & welcome from me too,

I am glad & sad — sad you needed this website, but so glad you found it.  You couldn't get a nicer bunch of people in one place & most of them are really knowledgeable as well.  There isn't anyone here who hasn't been there, done that & all are prepared to not only answer any questions you may have but hold your hand every step of the journey. 

Good luck with everything,
    Maz – Aust

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

nspiker
    Participant

Welcome Seaside Shell….I love your name :blush:. 

Both my PCP, and even my rheumatologist agreed to prescribe minocin.  It's approved by the American College of Rheumatology.

http://www.rheumatology.org/practice/clinical/patients/medications/minocycline.asp

Glad you find this wonderful group of people…
    nancy

spfister
    Participant

Welcome Seaside Shell, glad you found this site. 

My Rheumatologist initially prescribed AP at 200 mg a day.  After I failed on biologicals because of serious infections. 

Anyway I changed to a Dr.  recommended on the RBF and he changed the pulse dose mon wed and friday.

Anyway that was three months ago, and my last blood check my RH Factor decreased from almost 800 to 225! 

Here's hoping your Dr is a open minded Dr.:)

Best wishes

SPfister

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=2550]Seaside Shell[/user] wrote:

Seaside Shell

This should be my name!  I love the sea and my name is Michelle!  Chelle for short…
    Welcome to the Road Back Bulletin Board!  Hope you have a very positive meeting with your doctor and are on your Journey Back soon!

Blessings,
    Michelle

Seaside Shell
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the kind expressions of support.  My name is Shelley but that one and Shell were already taken when I signed up.  😉  I go by either Shelley or Shell.  And I do live on an island in Washington State so Seaside seemed to work too.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes with my doc.  I am writing him to find out if he is willing to prescribe Antibiotic Therapy for me.  I'll include the clinical trials and a list of the blood work needed.  I'll also refer him to this website.

Thanks again,  Shelley

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ New Member’ is closed to new replies.