Home Forums General Discussion New Doc for AP, IV’s -Vit C & Chelation –

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    cavalier
    Participant

This doc is in Little Rock, Ark. He has 46 yr’s experience as a doc. I would not call him a LLMD exactly but he does treat Autoimmune & Cancer among other issues & knows how to use Vit C high dose IV’s for Lyme protocol.

I am seeing him for my Lyme/Scleroderma. He offered to supply Doxy as he said he has treated with good results SD before with this method but upon learning of the Lyme & how SD then presented – he is going to use the high dose Vit C 1st & we can always reintroduce Doxy if we feel the need too but he said if we get a good response we wont know which it is from if we do both at the same time.

I am sending this for folks to have this here at the forum – PM me if you wish the name.
    I got my 1st high dose Vit C IV there last Thurs when I met him. He ramps up the dosage pretty aggressively & I sat next to 2 doc’s there who were getting IV Chelation for their heavy metals.
    IV Vit C high dose also chelates as well – so he is going to stick with just this for now – he said he can combine the EDTA Magnesium Chelation in with the high dose Vit C IV as well.

Jill SD, Lyme, Cpn, Candida Heavy metals & poss bart.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Jill,

He sounds good – I’m wondering if we have him on the AP or LLMD provider list? Any chance you could PM me his contact details so I can cross-check? Thanks! πŸ™‚

cavalier
    Participant

Hi Maz – you got a PM with info.

I just noticed this in your sign. line – may I ask what this is ( not familiar) – Enhansa 600mg x 3 per day (rx compounded), started May 14th, 2013

Tx – Jill

Maz
    Keymaster

@cavalier wrote:

I just noticed this in your sign. line – may I ask what this is ( not familiar) – Enhansa 600mg x 3 per day (rx compounded), started May 14th, 2013

Hi Jill,

Here is a link to the Enhansa (specially compounded bio-available curcumin):

http://leesilsby.com/enhansa-homepage

A good majority of insurance companies are covering it (it’s about $80 for 90 x 600mg caps, but they also do 125mg caps and powder for titrating doses). I only paid $10 co-pay with my doc’s script.

I asked my doc if there was anything natural I could use to get off my last 2 staple, daily Advil and he suggested I try this. He rx’d 600mg x 3 per day and I increased the dose every 5 days by one cap to get up to this dose (as outlined on the website), but by the day after I got up to the third cap (day 11 or 12), I was flat out and herxing like the devil again. It was pretty unnerving to say the least and lasted for a further few weeks – was detoxing like crazy and doing washouts, lowering dose to just one cap. Then, on July 2nd, woke up as if nothing had happened and have now been off the Advil since then! Wake every morning as if I no longer have RA. πŸ™‚

Of course, it’s a little premature to be ringing in Enhansa’s praises, but my doc thinks this was probably a candida die-off reaction (in spite of the fact that I’ve never had any overt, acute candida infections of any kind) and I am just happy to no longer be needing any Advil. πŸ™‚

Would only suggest that if anyone is thinking of using curcumin in any form to just check there are no interactions with currently taken meds. Curcumin does have blood-thinning props and may interfere with other drugs in this regard, so would suggest checking with a doc, first.

Jill, you probably have already researched curcumin for its health benefits, but it has been studied for a plethora of things and when I really did some in-depth research on it, was amazed at all of its properties – anti-fungal/candida, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-TNF/anti-inflam, anti-cancer, etc, etc, etc. I think the key is finding one that actually works, as I’ve tried OTC curcumin before and wasn’t impressed. I don’t like promoting any brand of anything, as we’re all unique and what works for me may not work for someone else, but as this actually got covered by my carrier. I was pretty happy to give it a go and happy I did.

cavalier
    Participant

GREAT info Maz – THANK YOU!

Yep I know of the many properties of Curcumin & it’s benefits but like you I have tried a few OTC’s & not been wowed. I still take it – I just recently got one that is more bioavailable & more expensive but still not seeing much. I take it to try to reduce inflammation.

I will ask about this interesting – as Candida I read that within 3 days of taking ABX any one that we start to build candida not matter how hard we try to offset this I dunno if that is correct but certainly with my having evidence of fungus I need to do my best.

Much appreciated!

Jill SD Lyme CPn Candida Heavy metals & poss. bart.

cavalier
    Participant

Maz – Cool that the study done under the link showed that there was actual improvement in lung fibrosis this is a clear indicator this specific compounded med. was effective at lowering inflammation.

Jill

Maz
    Keymaster

@cavalier wrote:

Maz – Cool that the study done under the link showed that there was actual improvement in lung fibrosis this is a clear indicator this specific compounded med. was effective at lowering inflammation.

Jill

Jill, in the small clinical study my doctor ran, his patients all had increased levels of CRP within the first month (see video link on Enhansa main page). So, this form of curcumin will probably not bring immediate relief, as I discovered with the massive herxing I experienced.

However, you’re right…curcumin has been studied for lung fibrosis and other lung issues. There was a discussion about this on the Aspergillosis thread recently that you might be interested to check out:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9472

Anonymous
    Participant

@Maz wrote:

@cavalier wrote:

Jill

Jill, in the small clinical study my doctor ran, his patients all had increased levels of CRP within the first month (see video link on Enhansa main page). So, this form of curcumin will probably not bring immediate relief, as I discovered with the massive herxing I experienced.

However, you’re right…curcumin has been studied for lung fibrosis and other lung issues. There was a discussion about this on the Aspergillosis thread recently that you might be interested to check out:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9472

Hi Jill/ Max, I am not sure this is the palce to put my comment. I was very impressed by the fact that curcumin helps in lung fibrosis. This is what i am battling with now and the cough is quite bad although a little bit better that before. I have been told by my Rheumatologist that if there is no improvement in my next visit he will put me on those toxic drugs i have been avoinding. I am not ready for the toxic drugs and God help me to have my lungs clear. Can oral Curcumin supplements help.
    Please advice.
    Kellen

Maz
    Keymaster

@kellen wrote:

@Maz wrote:

There was a discussion about this on the Aspergillosis thread recently that you might be interested to check out:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9472

Hi Jill/ Max, I am not sure this is the palce to put my comment. I was very impressed by the fact that curcumin helps in lung fibrosis. This is what i am battling with now and the cough is quite bad although a little bit better that before. I have been told by my Rheumatologist that if there is no improvement in my next visit he will put me on those toxic drugs i have been avoinding. I am not ready for the toxic drugs and God help me to have my lungs clear. Can oral Curcumin supplements help.
    Please advice.
    Kellen

Kellen, glad you made it onto the discussion forum and posted just fine! πŸ˜€ Am sure when Jill is back that she will answer, though you may need to push this thread up again with another post as a reminder, as these threads move down as new threads and posts are added.

There are some studies (mentioned in quoted link) about lung disease and curcumin, but my guess is that it may take time to see results with it and you would likely not see too much benefit prior to your next rheumy visit. If you have a lot of inflam right now, it may not be wise to add curcumin to all the other new supps just yet. I try to add one thing at a time to gauge benefit/side-effects, if possible, and my integrative doctor likes a slow approach, too. His preliminary studies of his small cohort of patients showed that they mostly had increases in CRP within the first month. Difficult to know if this is herxing or something else…maybe candida die-off, but this is just speculation.

If you need help with the forum, just ask, as someone will chime in with assistance on how to manage posting here. You’ll be an expert in no time, but understand that it’s hard for you to type right now. Hopefully, that will be a thing of the past once you’re well on your road back.

marypart
    Participant

There is lots of good news on Curcumin products, especially products that are enhanced to make them reach the brain and blood supply. Lots of Lyme doctors recommend Meriva or Longvida products.

There are also some recent studies that indicate it helps prevent Alzheimers. It’s also being studied as helpful in fighting prostate cancer. There are also studies that it helps reduce symptoms of benign prostate hypertrophy– the prostate problem that lots of men get as they get older. BPH is the condition that causes older men to have to get up to urinate frequently in the night.

Lots of people report that it decreases pain and inflammation.

richie
    Participant

Hi-
    High dose vitamin C promotes growth of collagen —
    richie

Valsmum
    Participant

Maz and Jill,

I am so glad I read this thread. Enhanca is something I want to try and my insurance co is on the list, so my copay should be very little $$
    I am going to ask my dr if I can try Enhanca.

Thanks !

enzed
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi-
    High dose vitamin C promotes growth of collagen —
    richie

Thanks for posting this information. Just goes to show, people with SD need to be wary of Vit supplements and especially Vit C.

Anonymous
    Participant

Kellen
    Thanks Max for your encouragement. Glad to be in the discussion. Just to let you know that i have started taking the NAC for the fibrosis, milk thistle and ALA. By the way, in your lat mail, you mentioned about Buffered Vit. C that you get from the Dr. I am not sure i know what the buffer here means. Still dealing with what i think is ” the Herxheimer phenomenon and have since reduced the evening dose of Doxy to Mon, Wed and Frid as i continue with Monocycline daily every morning and seems to be helpful abit. The cough still disturbing especially if i am on phone but i think its reducing slowly i want to believe. Thanks and i hope this is Ok.

Maz
    Keymaster

@kellen wrote:

Kellen
    Thanks Max for your encouragement. Glad to be in the discussion. Just to let you know that i have started taking the NAC for the fibrosis, milk thistle and ALA. By the way, in your lat mail, you mentioned about Buffered Vit. C that you get from the Dr. I am not sure i know what the buffer here means. Still dealing with what i think is ” the Herxheimer phenomenon and have since reduced the evening dose of Doxy to Mon, Wed and Frid as i continue with Monocycline daily every morning and seems to be helpful abit. The cough still disturbing especially if i am on phone but i think its reducing slowly i want to believe. Thanks and i hope this is Ok.

Hi Kellen,

NAC is a mucolytic agent (used for kids with cystic fibrosis who have a lot of phlegm), so if you have chest congestion, you may find it loosens it up and there may be a more “productive” cough. The goal is for the lung scarring to be stopped and, if it heals, even better! πŸ™‚ Quite a few people here have reversed their lung fibrosis…unfortunately, drugs like methotrexate are renowned for causing lung toxicity, triggering or making lung fibrosis worse…one of the contraindications on this drug, which you probably already know. πŸ˜‰

By “buffered” Vit C, I meant a form of Vit C that has a coated tablet (like buffered aspirin) in order to protect the stomach. Vit C is often sold with Rosehip, which is a buffering agent, but there are also powdered forms of ascorbic acid, which can be mixed with water or other drinks, which are pretty good, too. A vitamin store should be able to guide you on this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.