Home Forums General Discussion Neti Pot

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    davew
    Participant

that's an interesting process..

I have been having a problem with sinus lately and had read on the board about the neti pot, so I thought what the heck… give it a try.

It works! I obviously have a minor sinus infection though as the salt solution seems to burn a bit, but the cleansing is amazing. I've been suspicious of a secondary infection since my mino seems to not working as well. Still works, but I have some discomfort that made me wonder.

I'll make an appt with my PC this week and see what's up, but for anyone with sinus issues, I recommend trying the neti pot and want to thank those who shared their knowledge previously.

Dave

JBJBJB
    Participant

Dave,

Likewise, I also use it almost faithfully every week if not every day. It helps. Lately I went nuts with my sinus problem, so I used one drop of MMS (Miracle Mineral Supplement). I added 3 drops of lemon juice and waited for 3 minutes and mixed it with luke warm water.

Boy, it burned my sinus!!! However, I did it second time, it was fine. Then I added two drops, it was way too much, so I had to rinse my sinus twice.

I may have developed yest infection in my sinus due to antibiotics. I did not have this problem until 6 months after AP. My month has tons of thrust and my PC gave me some anti yeast pills for my month. I cough like nuts because of post nasal drip triggered by the sinus problem.

I just bought this Manuka Honey (Wedderspoon 100% Raw Organic) Active 16+ from Amazon. Today it's my second day using it. I hope this will help with my sinus  problem. You may want to give it a try, too.

JB

Kim
    Participant

I agree, Dave and JB, that the sinus rinses work great, especially for those that suffer with spring allergies.  Rather than the classic neti pot, I bought the kit from CVS that has a squeeze bottle and 100 packets of the saline solution which I mix up and take into the shower.  I figure it works even better after the steam has loosened things up, plus it's less messy.

JB, I'd be careful about adding anything else for fear of further irritating the already irritated tissues.

kim

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

My allergist actually recommends daily use of netti pot.  For me, it seems to make me more congested.  I don't know why.  This is consistent with the fact the beach has always flared up my sinuses.

Go figure I would be backward from everyone else.  Must be because I am left handed.  Ha!

Susan

Kim
    Participant

[user=86]Susan Lyme/RA[/user] wrote:

Go figure I would be backward from everyone else.  Must be because I am left handed.  Ha!

Left handed and blonde………..you poor girl, how do you get through your day. :roll-laugh:

davew
    Participant

Susan,

It makes me more congested for about a half hour and then things clear up quite well. I think in my case it may be the inital irritation from the salt water, but I am not sure…

It's too bad that it doesn't work, as it's a very inexpensive way to make things better, which is quite contrary to way things normally work for me…LOL

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

I'm recovering from yet another bad infection and I have cement nose.  I am neti potting daily and it works for a minute, then I am cement nose again.  sigh…..

PS….Kim……I'm not a blond.  Never was.  That picture just looks blond.  Probably needed to see my hairdresser.:?

Susan

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Susan,

I have been taking Grapefruit seed extract and V-8 juice mix, started with 5 drops a day per week and I am now up to 7 drops. It seems to work. I drink it in the evening, so does my hubby and 24 year old grandson. He has bad sinus problems and if he takes it I know it works. He is real picky what he takes even on meds.

Someone on one of the other discussion had been talking about it and I thought I might as well try it, I have had sinus problems for many years.

The neti pot makes me feel like I am drowning, I have tried it several times, but the feeling is always the same, so now it is banished to the closet:(.

Eva

Eva Holloway

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Hi Eva,

Thanks for that suggestion.  I have heard great things about the Grapefruit seed extract.  I will get some and give it a try.

I LOVE V8 juice!

Susan

Kim
    Participant

[user=236]Eva Holloway[/user] wrote:

The neti pot makes me feel like I am drowning, I have tried it several times, but the feeling is always the same, so now it is banished to the closet:(.

Eva, the squeeze bottle may be easier and feel less like you're drowning.  I take it in the shower and bend over, squirt half up one nostril and the other half up the other.  It just runs right out and you're done — no muss, no fuss.

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Kim,

I will try the bottle, maybe that will help even more.

Thanks,

Eva

Eva Holloway

Lizz
    Participant

Susan, in addition to the squeeze bottle, I use NutriBiotic nasal spray, 1 % grapefruit seed extract from iherb.com. I only use it twice a week. It is very powerful. Hopefully it will break up the cement!

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Thanks Lizz.  I use iherb too.  I will check that out.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘ Neti Pot’ is closed to new replies.