Home Forums General Discussion Negative mycoplasm test result

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Dee
    Participant

I had a negative mycoplasm test result a couple months ago (first test)  Is there any reason for the test to be negative when I have high positive RF and Anti-CCP test results?  I did not refrigerate the blood and I didn't see the shipping people refrigerate to ship the blood from NC to NJ lab.  Could that have caused the negative result?  I have started minocycline and could not move to get out of bed when taking 100mg 2x a day.  I am now trying to take 100mg on Sun. and Thurs. for a month and then increase to on MWF next month.  No swelling in joints but a lot on pain the next day after taking the mino and could not lift a coffee cup.  I have to go to the doctor and tell him what I am doing with the dose after begging for the AP and he did not like giving it to me.  Dread that.     

JBJBJB
    Participant

Dee,

Did you have your mycoplasma test done while you are on antibiotics? I read the antibiotic interferes mycoplasma test results.

When I went to see Dr. S in Iowa, he put me on 1800 mg Clindy IV on first day, and scond day, I went to the hospital and got my blood work done (including mycoplasma test). If antibiotic interferes mycoplasma results, I will also have negative results. I am still waiting for my results from Iowa.

JB 

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Dee;
        There are over 150 kinds of micoplasma and I doubt that you were tested for more than half  a dozen as it would cost a fortune to do so.There is also the possibility that your disease may not have been caused by micos but that chance is fairly slim.  Lynne

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Dee,

You might find this website helpful with regard to mycoplasma tests:

http://www.mycoplasmasupport.org

Lynne has been around for a while with all this stuff and I second her thoughts. I thought about getting mycoplasma testing, but figured it wasn't going to change much, because negative or positive, we all probably carry some variety of mycoplasma in our pathogen load.

It sounds like you're herxing. I also couldn't withstand the daily dosing, because my hypersensitivity levels were just too high and did much better on pulsed dosing. Herxing is common on the second day after your pulsed dose, but this should ease up over the course of the next few months. You're wise to start slow and build up.

To help you through this initial rough patch of herxing, though, be sure that you're doing what you can to detox your body…especially necessary when hypersensitivity is an issue. The lemon/olive oil detox drink should help if you take that morning and night, epsoms/peroxide baths, keeping hydrated with lots of water throughout the day, doing some gentle excerise to improve lymph flow and making sure you stay 'regular.' All these things are easy enough to do and just take a little effort, though I appreciate motivation can be 'thin on the ground' when you're feeling rough.

Try not to worry about the rheumy's reaction, if you can – easy to say and harder to do, I know. It might help your case to print off the info from the Current Physician's Protocol on the main website to describe what you've decided to do. 

Peace, Maz

Dee
    Participant

I have a feeling I am herxing.  How long does it usually take before a person stops some of the pain and the feeling of the start of the flu?  I lift things I know I shouldn't and then the pain really begins.  I know I am impatient but I have had so much pain for so long that I just wish it would stop right away!  Bless all of you if you are having the pain and drained feelings I am having.  :headbang:

A Friend
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

Dee, Did you have your mycoplasma test done while you are on antibiotics? I read the antibiotic interferes mycoplasma test results. JB 

JB, when one type testing for a mycoplasma panel is done, I've read it is not accurate if one is on antibiotics (this information was on Dr. Garth Nicolson's site and may have been PCR testing… can't remember for sure).  However, Dr. S in Iowa knows about all the different types of testing, and the lab he sends serum to in Maryland, to Dr. Brown's old lab, uses a type of testing that is accurate even if one is on abx. 

AF

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=28]A Friend[/user] wrote:

when one type testing for a mycoplasma panel is done, I've read it is not accurate if one is on antibiotics (this information was on Dr. Garth Nicolson's site and may have been PCR testing… can't remember for sure). 

Hi AF…your memory is very sharp! I had to check this on the mycoplasmasupport.org site. Here's what Sharon Briggs says on this site about this:

“Do not take any antibiotics for at least one month or more before a PCR blood test. The antibiotics will remove most of the infection from the blood, preventing an accurate result. This restriction also applies to natural products that kill Mycoplasmas,”

http://mycoplasmasupport.org/Web_pages/Lab/lab_guide.htm

Peace, Maz

Mainly for Dee

D it is usual to get them before commencement of treatment but I was on three abx for 5 months before testing.  One showed up even then but the other was picked up by a naturopath.  You could go to a good naturopath or live blood analayst who will be able to tell you whether you have one or not but probably not which one..  Mine was found by a forensic scientist as they do not look for such things here.

It is a very illusive bacteria and does not always show even before abx treatment commences I was told.   that does not mean you do not have one.  It would be highly unlikly that you had non at all.

Hope this info helps

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi Dee

I think you must have had too much mino too soon. Dr Brown after IVs started everyone on 100 M-W-F. I started on 50mg M-W-F. although I think that was too low.

I'm just trying 100mg everyday but have been on it (doxycycline) 8 months. I am in a lot of pain and stiffness but I don't think it's the AP. I may knock Sat/sun off.

I'ts all trial and error for some of us that don't have the experts, and I think M-W-F would be the way to go for quite sometime.

Good Luck!

Rosemary

A Friend
    Participant

[user=134]Rosemary Perth Aust.[/user] wrote:

Mainly for Dee
    …..It is a very illusive bacteria and does not always show even before abx treatment commences I was told.   that does not mean you do not have one.  It would be highly unlikly that you had non at all….

Dee, Rosemary, All,

The following Mycoplasma information was found to be very interesting and can educate us further (even if a bit disconcerting), and when the information from the 2nd and longer link/paper appears on your screen, you can click “Edit” at the extreme top left of the screen, then click “Find” and type in any type of Mycoplasma and it will be found, and you can read.  One part of this information tells what kind of mycoplasma is generally associated with different diagnoses, and said these depend on what area of the body mycoplasma are found:

http://www.rain-tree.com/myco.htm

[Included in the above link is another link to this very long paper on mycoplasmas, with the title of “Emerging……” which takes us to the link just below (for those that want to read more): 
    http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/vol3no1/baseman.htm ]

AF 

JBJBJB
    Participant

AF,

Thanks for helping me to understand how Dr. S conducted the mycoplasma test. It really helps. I had been wondering. I will post my results once I get it from Dr. S.  

Those two articles you posted are keepers.

Thanks,

JB

A Friend
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

Thanks for helping me to understand how Dr. S conducted the mycoplasma test. It really helps. I had been wondering. I will post my results once I get it from Dr. S.  Those two articles you posted are keepers. Thanks,JB

JB, thanks for your note.  Hopefully, since the information helped you, it will be obvious enough to help others.  Over the years, when I'd read on http://www.immed.org about the PCR testing and having to be off abx for a period of time and antibody testing was not mentioned, it did occur to me that others just might not know about the option of the antibody testing if they'd been on abx — such as is available in Dr. Brown's lab which is still in operation.  I believe another lab is mentioned on http://www.rheumatic.org (under Information for You and Your Doctor) that does the antibody myco testing.  Dr. S requested a Mycoplasma Panel of tests for me.  Eventually, the repeat tests showed normal…. that was a happy day and proved to me that the AP had done/was doing its job. 

AF

Yes Thanks AF. 

I am well aware how dangerous it can be after my experience with it, even causing Bi polar and more to some poor souls, and there seems little understanding that this is happening..

It is not to be ignored for sure.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘ Negative mycoplasm test result’ is closed to new replies.