Home Forums General Discussion Needing Apple Cider Vinegar Recipe for Thrush

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sjess
    Participant

I was reading a past post where apple cider vinegar was suggested for thrush. I don't know that I have thrush for sure, but I do have a funny sensation in my mouth, especially behind my lips. Could be nothing, but I thought I would find out about how to use the apple cider vinegar just in case.

I am assuming that you dilute it somehow and then swish? I would appreciate instructions/recommendations. Would also like to know how well this has worked for you.

I'm also wondering how do you know if the probiotic you are taking is a good one?

Thanks,
    Sharon

mj47
    Participant

hey sharon,

i don't know about using ACV for thrush, but thought i'd chime in about how my husband has been using it for acid reflux.  he had it pretty bad & decided to try acv.  he drinks a glass of water mixed with a tsp of honey & about 2-3 teaspoons of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (it's not as processed as say, Heinz & has something called the “mother” which supposedly has lots of health benefits.  this had helped him from having issues with acid reflux bothering his throat.  he actually craves the drink now…it's kinda like a tart lemonade.  in fact, it kind of tastes like kombucha tea if you've ever had that.

well, that's how he takes the acv.  it's for something different, but you could try it like that.  don't know if it helps thrush, but if you google acv, you'll see there are lots of claims about health benefits.
    best,
    mj

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi MJ;
        Your hubby has a good reaction to ACV because it works like a digestive enzyme.I used to have terrible reflux that is usually caused by slow digestion /motility.Within a week of starting enzymes the problem was fixed.Things like tums,prilosec etc. cut your normal stomack acid and make digestion even slower.
                            Lynne

Kim
    Participant

Hi Sharon and mj,

I use the Bragg's apple cider vinegar too.  I put a couple of tablespoons of vinegar in a glass with about 8 oz water and a little stevia, not too bad.  It should be mixed with water because the vinegar can be hard on tooth enamel.  The acv is also supposed to help with adjusting pH.

Take care…..kim

Mumof3
    Participant

Do you take the ACV drink before or after meals to help with reflux?

JBJBJB
    Participant

I am also struggling with mouth thrush. I make myself a really great taste “SODA”…. not sure it helps mouth thrush but it helps me with my acid reflux.

2 tablespoons ACV (if it is too sour, use one) 

pinch of baking soda (1/8 – 1/4 tea spoon)

4 oz of water

4 oz of diet Sprite or 7Up (lemon flavor is the best)

Ice cubes….

I love it.

Cheers~:dude:

sjess
    Participant

Thanks for your responses. I didn't know ACV helped with reflux as well. That's great.

Sharon

Kim
    Participant

[user=869]Mumof3[/user] wrote:

Do you take the ACV drink before or after meals to help with reflux?

Hi Mum,

Not sure if your question was directed at me or not, but I don't have reflux.  I take it to balance my pH which is always too acidic.

Take care…..kim

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Needing Apple Cider Vinegar Recipe for Thrush’ is closed to new replies.