Home Forums General Discussion need new doctor in boston

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Rosa
    Participant

Dr, T. in Boston is retiring, does anyone know of another doctor that uses antibiotic therapy in Boston? I was just getting ahead now ?? Rosa

JeffN
    Participant

I got my letter today regarding Dr. T’s retirement. They recommended two other rheumies there and it noted they have expanded the dept. I was not due to go see him until May, I guess I will call and see if either one or both the two doctors they mention treat with AP or not. Sorry to see Dr.T go, he saved my bacon.

Maz
    Keymaster

@Rosa wrote:

Dr, T. in Boston is retiring, does anyone know of another doctor that uses antibiotic therapy in Boston? I was just getting ahead now ?? Rosa

Hi Rosa,

Will send you a PM with MA AP doc list…no other docs in Boston to our knowledge. One good doc in Northampton who also does IVs and takes insurance! πŸ™‚ Just a bit further to travel, I’m afraid, but do hope this doc will serve your needs as well as Dr.T.

To retrieve your AP doc list, just go to top of this page and click beside your User Control Panel where it will say (1 new message).

Hi Jeff,

If you happen to discover if any of Dr. T’s colleagues are open to taking on his AP patients, would you very kindly let us know? Thanks! πŸ™‚

JeffN
    Participant

Nothing new Maz. I had called up there last week and asked about the new docs and AP but did not get an answer. The person I spoke with did not know anything about that. Dr.T did call me back and left a message on my machine, unfortunately I was not home to speak with him. He just went over my case but did not shed any light on the new docs. I did appreciate the call back though. I had also emailed the office but the address of the woman I used to speak with is no longer valid. Tonight I emailed Dr. T directly and hopefully will get an answer although I don’t think he is an email guy. I spoke with a local gentleman tonight who was just up there for his appointmant with the Doc and Dr.T did not mention his retirement and even made him an appointmant for May. So the plot thickens – if anyone else hears anything please post. I may have to get that address of the Doc in Northhampton.

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

All:

We have many requests for AP doctors from Dr. T’s patients. Several have mentioned that they have spoken with Dr. T and that he said that none of the physicians at that practice will be offering AP.

Cheryl

JeffN
    Participant

Thanks Cheryl, I received a return email today from Dr. T and he said that I should see if my PCP would continue with mino. He did not comment on the new docs and AP but I took his answer to mean no. I will try my local Doc but in the meantime would you or Maz send me the doc in Northampton contact info. Thanks.

Maz
    Keymaster

@JeffN wrote:

I will try my local Doc but in the meantime would you or Maz send me the doc in Northampton contact info. Thanks.

Jeff, I’ll pop you a PM with this info.

Thanks so much for your kind update and sorry to hear there is no luck with Dr. T’s colleagues. Would have been convenient, but as you’re well on your road back, you may feel it unnecessary now to have the constant oversight of a rheumy and just to receive your script. I’ve just moved to a more integrative practice and really like the additional holistic approach to wellness with the focus on getting immune function fully back on track to take those last steps needed for a ‘sticking’ remission, so I hope you’ll also enjoy the same benefits with the doc in Northampton. πŸ™‚ I’ve heard some nice feedback on this practice who seem to be a very caring bunch. As they may be taking on a good deal of Dr. T.’s AP patients, though, you may need to get onto this quickly before the wait-list gets too long. Let us know what you think of this practice when you can….always so helpful to get physician referral feedback.

JeffN
    Participant

Thanks for the info Maz. I do agree that I just need some monitoring of my blood work and the mino. I am going to try my local doc and see. I am not sure of the outcome, he has always been suportive but who knows. I probably will check out the new Doc and if I do I’ll report back.

I presently feel very well with just a few “leftovers” that I’m thinking won’t improve much or at all. Nothing I can’t deal with, tight tendons here and there but by and large I am doing great. I guess I need to update my history thread soon as I am overdue.

I wish you all the best with the new program let us know how that is going.

Maz
    Keymaster

@JeffN wrote:

I wish you all the best with the new program let us know how that is going.

Will do, Jeff, and thanks so much for your kind thoughts for me. I really appreciate that. πŸ™‚

When you’re about ready to write your testimonial update, let me know if you want to be an eBulletin Remission Corner story, too. I’m behind on those and have a few in the works, so it might be next year when your story could be highlighted, but it’s one I wouldn’t want to miss. So, please give me a nudge when/if you feel ready.

Mini
    Participant

I have also recently come to know about Dr. T’s retirement. Could someone please recommend another AP doctor preferably the one that they have used, in the greater Boston area?

I see Maz mentioning the doctor in Northampton; not sure where that is, but will go there if there are no other AP options available.

Thanks so much for the help!
    Mini

Maz
    Keymaster

@Mini wrote:

I see Maz mentioning the doctor in Northampton; not sure where that is, but will go there if there are no other AP options available.

Hi Mini,

Will send you the MA AP doc list in a PM (private message). To retrieve your list, just click above, beside your User Control Panel where it will say (1 new message). The Northampton doc is probably the best option at this point, as he is tailoring protocols to patient needs and will use IV clindamycin if necessary. Fortunately, this practice also accepts some insurances, so the best of all worlds, as not all integrative AP docs do. πŸ™‚ If you still need a rheumatologist to monitor you, you may need to find a new one for this purpose. πŸ™‚

BeatingRA
    Participant

@JeffN wrote:

I spoke with a local gentleman tonight who was just up there for his appointmant with the Doc and Dr.T did not mention his retirement and even made him an appointmant for May.

This happened to me too. I saw Dr T on September 13. No mention of retirement and he had me make a follow up for November. I got the letter a couple weeks later. I was a little irked with the idea that he had me make an appointment with him knowing that he wouldn’t be there to see me. I wish him well though, he helped me a lot in the last five years.

Needless to say, I’m also in the market for a new AP doc. πŸ™

Theresa

JeffN
    Participant

To give the doc the benefit of the doubt I wonder if what ever prompted the retirement came on suddenly? Somehow his circustances changed and now was the time. Family obligations, office politics, or even the need to use up accrued vaction/sick time before retirement. Who knows I just need to find a new doc and I thank him for all his help.

Mini
    Participant

I agree with everyone that something’s strange here with Dr. T’s retirement coming so suddenly. When I called to advance my Nov appt to Oct, I was firmly told nothing was available and he was fully booked. I was always able to find an appt before. I asked to be put on the waitlist in case something came up, which they reluctantly did but while stressing that they were 100% sure nothing would be available. So, something’s fishy… πŸ˜•

Dr. T has had a great, long and illustrious career and my best wishes are with him.

Mini

Maz
    Keymaster

@BeatingRA wrote:

Needless to say, I’m also in the market for a new AP doc. πŸ™

Hi Theresa,

Would you like the MA AP doc list?

I guess it’s always possible that sudden retirement can mean a doc is suffering with their own health issues? Jeff you may be right on that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.