Home Forums General Discussion Need help fast……PAR or Ranbaxy brand

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy

Thanks for asking. I am on 100 mgs. MWF. I am able to take it so far on an empty stomach first thing in the morning with two big glasses of water. I eat two hours later and save supplements until later. I am feeling generally good. My energy level and clear thinking seems to be better, but I am also not pushing myself. Mino has been good for my appetite. I am gaining some weight back finally. My aches seem to be about the same. My left ankle does not hurt all the time. It hurts just if I try to walk normally for too long or if I step funny. It just still feels weaker. My elbows will still have little pain sensations along the way. With one being normal pain level…I am about a two in and out through the day. I have been studying diet more and I believe I have been allergic to gluten a long time. I am type o blood type. I saw a site that said this blood type is often allergic to wheat dairy and eggs. My bloodwork backs this up. I accidentally ate gluten for the first time in awhile and broke out in hives. My body has been compensating all these years. I was always constipated and drinking prune juice. Now it all makes sense. I think my gluten allergy caused leaky gut and encouraged the milk and egg allergy. My system is running so much better. This is probably a combination of antibiotics, Candisol, probiotics, magnesium, and diet change. Oh how I wish I would have figured all this out before reaching this level. My rheumy tells me diet does not matter. I am living proof it does. I am hopeful that the combination of Mino and diet change will decrease my neutrophils and increase my lymphs and get my ra factor down. At its highest in January it was 71. At my last visit in April it was 50. I am glad I was on doxy for 2 and 1/2 months before a 3 week washout and now to Mino. I have not checked my blood pressure because I do not want to know. Doxy did seem to affect it. It did come down to normal during the 3 week wash out. Now, what I have to decide is whether to go for 100 mgs twice a day MWF. Any thoughts? I go see rheumy May 8. How are things with you?

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

After reading my post, I probably need to add that I can have brief pains in my forearms and sometimes wrists and fingers. It is ever so slight and not consistent. If I did not know my recent history the pains would not alert me. But as I track my progress I need to keep these in mind as well.

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Rosie,
    @RevereRosie wrote:

I am now on Minocycline from Ranbaxy. It is distributed out of New Jersey but made in India.

What is the source of this information?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Hi Afraid all this is old news –Sun Pharma has bought out the New Jersey operation of both Ranbaxy and OHM –to clarify previously OHM in Jersey was a packager and distributor —the raw materials as I understood it was imported from India –this is fine as it all comes under Constant FDA scrutiny –I dont know very much about Sun except I have been using some of their OTC meds for years —
    richie

PhilC
    Participant

@Spiffy wrote:

Now, what I have to decide is whether to go for 100 mgs twice a day MWF. Any thoughts?

You’ve been taking minocycline for only 12 days. That’s not enough time for you to be able to assess how your body is going to react to the mino. Herxheimer reactions often don’t show up until two or more weeks after a person has begun treatment.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Spiffy

Thanks for the reminder. Sometimes I just want to rush things. I have learned that patience truly is a virtue. I wonder how long I am going to be able to stay on the one dose MWF. It seems possible that I feel better on antibiotic days. Probably this is all in my head. I want to push it up to two, but do not want the potential for more side effects if the extra is not necessary. Ah, yes. Patience. But, Phil, remember I did doxy for 2and 1/2 months before Mino. Hopefully, this jump started things. Take care!

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

emmaline
    Participant

Hi Spiffy,
    I’m glad you are doing well. I just started yesterday. I decided to take it on an empty stomach before bed. Felt fine until later today when I got really nauseous and achy like fibromyalgia pain. The pain was probably from the weather change, but the gut ache? Why did you pick AM?
    I hope the doxy did kick start things for you. We just want our life back, and it’s hard not to get excited.

Spiffy

I can be assured of an empty stomach and I worry that I would push it at night away from eating and get it too close to bed time. Here I am back in bed again this morning though, but I took it forty minutes ago. Also, if I have any weird side effects, I want to know and not sleep through it. Do most people do it at night? Is there an advantage this way? I have ordered The New Arthritis Breakthrough as well as Katherine Poelhman’s book The Infection Connection. Thy are not in yet, she is a doc who suffered a physical trauma…got ra…healed herself with AP therapy. Interesting.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

How do you write what you are taking and stuff that becomes a part of your signature below? I keep having to repeat myself and would love to know how.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

spiffy
    Click on your User Control Panel (top left), click on profile, then edit signature. Put your information in the box (250 character limit) then click on submit.

You can also do this at any time to update your information 😀 😀

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.