Home Forums General Discussion Need help fast……PAR or Ranbaxy brand

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy

These are the two generics of Minocin American made at Target. Has anyone had success with either of these? I have heard Lederle brand is the best but have not found it yet.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

richie
    Participant

Lederle hasnt been in existence for about 10 years -they were bought out —Either brand is ok –
    richie

Spiffy

I went with Ranbaxy. Took my first one tonight. I am going to try to stick with M WF 100 mgs just once a day. I pray that will be enough to re train my immune system, help with inflammation, protect my cartilage, but minimize antibiotic side effects. But knowing me, I will probably have to pump it up in a bit because I won’t be able to be patient.

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

jasregadoo

I’ve been on Ranbaxy 100mg 1x MWF for about 2 months. I am feeling SO MUCH better. I wouldn’t call it remission by any means, but compared to 2 months ago, it’s great. I’m also taking sulfasalazine 3 pills 2x a day, a probiotic, magnesium, and boron supplements. I haven’t changed anything else.

Spiffy

Did your doctor recommend the once a day MWF? Do you plan to keep it right there?

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

jasregadoo

I don’t have an AP doctor, I have a rheumatologist, who prescribed me at 100mg 2x a day, 7 days a week. I tried that for a week and felt miserable. Not more pain or inflammation, but sick to my stomach all day and overall yukky. Since then I’ve been taking 100mg 1x MWF and have tolerated that well. I take it with a big glass of water, about 1/2 hour before bed. I tried to up it to 2x a day MWF, but again, I felt very sick. I don’t know if there’s any real reason to increase the dosage or if I would get better results from doing so. Flying solo (aside from the help here on Roadback) means I have to guess sometimes.

Have you read this page? It does give some guidance: https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=studies.display&display_id=184#Anchor-Increasing-49425

I forgot to mention that I take 2.5 mg of prednisone daily. That helps a bit as well.

I’ve been toying with the idea of taking 200mg of minocyn at one time, rather than 100mg in the morning and 100mg in the evening. I don’t know if there’s a good reason to do that or not.

Spiffy

That is very interesting. I am glad you are doing well. I will tell you that even with an AP doc I feel like I am in the cockpit flying without a map. You could try taking a little more on a Friday to see How it does for you because you will have an extra rest day. Thanks for the link!

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

PhilC
    Participant

@Spiffy wrote:

I went with Ranbaxy. Took my first one tonight.

Are they capsules or tablets? And how’s your blood pressure doing?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Spiffy

After three weeks of no doxy it came down to normal. I have started Minocin and I have decided not to start checking blood pressure for several weeks. I don’t want to know! I am on the tablets! 😀

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

I am still confused about which antibiotics are by American made companies.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

jasregadoo

I believe Ranbaxy are U.S. I’m not sure about Watson. Ranbaxy WAS made in India, which is where much of the confusion comes in. Ranbaxy is the only one that is affordable for me, so I’m trying that for now. If you do a search on the Discussion Forum for Ranbaxy, or for Watson, you can see what people have said about them. When I asked about Ranbaxy, it seemed that a lot of people have had good luck with them.

PhilC
    Participant

@jasregadoo wrote:

I believe Ranbaxy are U.S. I’m not sure about Watson. Ranbaxy WAS made in India, which is where much of the confusion comes in.

Actually, the confusion comes from the fact that Ranbaxy is an Indian company, so people have a tendency to believe that Ranbaxy minocycline is made there (it’s not). Ranbaxy mino is made in New Jersey by Ohm Laboratories, a company that Ranbaxy owns.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Spiffy

Thank you so much for clarifying! I really appreciate it!

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

emmaline
    Participant

Spiffy,
    How are you feeling since starting? I’m starting very soon… Friday.

RevereRosie
    Participant

I was on Minocycline from Watson Mfg. Then just recently, my pharmacist informed me that Humana will no longer pay for Watson Mfg because it is too expensive. I am now on Minocycline from Ranbaxy. It is distributed out of New Jersey but made in India. You would be surprised to know how many generic meds come from India.

Your Pharmacist will be able to tell you which Mfg. your script is coming from.

My concern was that I’m allergic to colored dyes. My Pharmacist gave me the mfg.’s number to call to answer my questions. I was happy to hear that Ranbaxy contains no dyes whatsoever. I’ve been on it for almost two weeks now and I’m feeling o.k. so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.