Home Forums General Discussion Need Advice from a Lyme Patient in NY state

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Hi

I am going to get the Western blot done through Igenex but I was told that NY state does not allow the IFA to be done Igenex told me to get eh IgG and IgM Westernblot tests done I asked if this would affect the test results and thegirl said she wasnt sure. She also didnt give me an answer as to why you cant have the IFA in NY state. If tehere is anyone out there who lives in NY state with lymes disease please let me know what testing you had done to determine a diagnosis.

Thank you!!!

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Momma,

Sorry, I don't live in NY, but I did a check of the IFA test run by IGeneX and it does say that the very end of this PDF that it's not yet available for NY residents.

http://www.igenex.com/UPDATE_FOR_SEPTEMBER_2006.doc

This document is dated 2006, however, so have no clue if this has changed since then. Different states have different laws about testing procedures, but this makes very little sense to me, too. If they don't know at IGeneX, you may only be able to get an answer from an LLMD.

I only had the basic IgG/IgM Western Blot done thru IGeneX, if that helps. They store your blood, I think, for about a month after receipt and you get your results within about 2 weeks of sending the sample. So, if you later find you want to have coinfections tested, too (in case your WB test is negative or indeterminate), you can still have them do this testing if your doc faxes them a script bloodwork order for specific coinfections. Some people do test negative on WB, but testing for coinfections is often a good clue one has Lyme, too, in spite of the negative reading. Although, a good LLMD will pretty much just view any Lyme test as a nice bonus if positive and won't exclude a diagnosis if the clinical symptoms, signs and patient history all add up to Lyme.

Sorry not to be much help on this IFA test…maybe someone else here has some updated info for you.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Need Advice from a Lyme Patient in NY state’ is closed to new replies.