Home Forums General Discussion Need Advice for Those Who See Dr. F @ Riverside

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Serenity
    Participant

Hi folks,

I just scheduled my 1st appt. with Dr. F in July and I want to start planning my trip.  I was hoping to get some feedback from patients who travel to see him.

1. For those who fly, do you usually fly to Ontario?  The airfare is kinda pricey there, so I wonder if I'll be better off flying into LA and taking a shuttle?

2. Where do you stay?  I called the hotel on the website that offered a discount but they no longer are affiliated with Dr. F.  Is there another hotel you can recommend?  Will there be a shuttle that takes you from the hotel to the dr, and possibly back to the airport, or will I need to rent a car / take cabs?

3. Anything else I should do? I'm currently shopping around for an osteopath in San Francisco who is open to working with Dr. F virtually.  Also, with all the talk about Vitamin D levels, will Dr. F consider this if I ask to be tested for the right one?  I'm just curious if he is a very traditional doc who is only interested in minocycline or if he is open to discussing things like Vit. D levels, parasites etc.

Thanks for your feedback!  Feel free to PM if it's easier. 🙂

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Serenity,

when we go out to Desert Hot Springs, just east over the mountain from Riverside, we fly into John Wayne, not as pricey as Ontario. We rent a car this way it is easier to get around. Riverside is a good hour drive from John Wayne but not that far from Ontario.

I am not sure about a hotel closeby his place, you may have to google it or call around.

Eva 🙁

Eva Holloway

swimmer
    Participant

I am going to see DR.F. for the first time in a couple of weeks. Southwest has a fare sale right now. $48 each way from Oakland. Not sure where you are flying from but all their fares seem to be on sale.

The Ayers Inn is their recommended hotel. Their discounted rate is $89 per night. Hope this helps.

Randy
    Participant

[user=330]Serenity[/user] wrote:

1. For those who fly, do you usually fly to Ontario? 

I always fly into Ontario airport.  His (new) location is about 30 mins away.  I have never had any traffic problems.

2. Where do you stay?  I called the hotel on the website that offered a discount but they no longer are affiliated with Dr. F.  Is there another hotel you can recommend? 

For my first visit over 1 yr ago my wife and I stayed at the Marriott Hotel at the Riverwalk (I believe this used to be the one that offered a decent deal for his patients (we were able to talk our way into a discount). It was pretty nice and they had some decent restaurants within. We never saw the Riverwalk or anything nice about Riverside, in general… but we're there for a medical appointment, right? I can not recommend another hotel – we have looked hard, too!

2a.  Will there be a shuttle that takes you from the hotel to the dr, and possibly back to the airport, or will I need to rent a car / take cabs?

All that is a big no.  You will need a rental car.

3. Anything else I should do? I'm currently shopping around for an osteopath in San Francisco who is open to working with Dr. F virtually.  Also, with all the talk about Vitamin D levels, will Dr. F consider this if I ask to be tested for the right one?  I'm just curious if he is a very traditional doc who is only interested in minocycline or if he is open to discussing things like Vit. D levels, parasites etc.

Dr F. is a American College of Rheumatology MD, etc.  Fortunately he does do non-traditional stuff such as AP. He knows what he is doing.

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

stwig
    Participant

Hi Serenity,
    I just had my 4th appointment with Dr. F. up in Riverside today.  Fortunately we just drive the 2 hours north from San Diego, so I cannot help with airports or hotels.  What I can tell you about Dr. F and his associate Dr. L is that they are very through, very caring and totally open to alternate ideas.  They have put me on a variety of supplements along with the mino to help my body fight the mycoplasma.  I feel like all of the testing that they have done has been much more well rounded and they are looking at everything.  My progress is slow, but it is there.

Starla

Serenity
    Participant

Thank you all so much for the responses!  I'm sorry I haven't written earlier, but I had a small family emergency soon after posting and have been away from my computer the past few weeks.  I really appreciate the feedback.  I will be staying with family about 1/2 hour from Riverside, so I think I'll just rent a car.

I'm also requesting a check on those Vitamin D levels.  I'm interested to see the results. 🙂

Thanks again!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Need Advice for Those Who See Dr. F @ Riverside’ is closed to new replies.