Home Forums General Discussion neck and shoulder pain, polymyalgia?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lorena9
    Participant

Hello:
    I have RA and Hashimotos and Lyme. Been on the AP on and off and just restarted on tetracycline.
    Last week i had very bad neck pain on the right side, couldn’t move the neck very well. It felt muscular. Came and went Yesterday, the muscle on my left shoulder was painful, i can almost feel the swell on the shoulder as if the muscle doubled in size, like a ball. It is not joint pain, but muscle ache to the touch as well. Could it be polymyalgia? Has anyone developed this and can the AP help this condition? it is not surprising that this added muscle aching surfaced as I am going through a stressful patch. Many thanks

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Lorena,

Muscle pain is a symptom of both RA and Lyme Disease, so it may not be polymyalgia.

Been on the AP on and off and just restarted on tetracycline.

Why have you been on and off of antibiotic therapy? Is your doctor planning to treat you with more than just tetracycline?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Spiffy1

AP with diet change has kept my neck and shoulders and any other muscle pain from surfacing. My muscle knots were coming more and more quickly as my health began to fail. I had no idea why I was having these troubles until I just could not pretend to be healthy anymore. But my good news is that it has been over three years since my neck or shoulders have tightened up on me. I want to send you encouragement. Weirdly my neck would tighten up on me as early as college so it wasn’t a new thing. But with me AP alone would have never been enough. I credit the combination of AP with going gluten dairy and egg free with my quality of life right now. My health train needed more than either alone could have given. Some people are very fortunate that they say they have reached remission with AP alone. Then there are those that reached remission with diet alone. I don’t consider myself in full remission because my RA factor hangs on but if I did not know my past I would not even know I had this trouble right now. There is a possibility for you to get beyond this. The last time my neck tightened up on me was also during a very stressful time. And oh my did I know something was wrong. It was like someone took a knife and stabbed me in my upper back and I had a huge knot. I feel your pain. It is nice to be away from that pain and subsequent anxiety that it causes. I had roving muscle pains at the beginning of my flare all over and it would just move around. Those are long gone as well. I hope I have encouraged you.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Luck20
    Participant

When I used to have problems like that, I’d describe it to my chiropracter and many times he could fix it. I know that sounds simplistic but when it works, its an easy solution.

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Spiffy1

Sadly, mine was my immune system attacking. It wasn’t from outside injury or from disuse. A chiropractor trying to manipulate my body out of that pain would be like a doctor massaging my shoulders to get rid of strep throat. All the manipulation in the world could not have fixed my off balance immune system. People that can be fixed by adjustments I am going to guess still have intact immune systems. I might be wrong. However, I did see a chiropractor for awhile for bio toxin illness and she was fairly helpful with supplements and blood testing. I hope all you need is physical manipulation but I was in much much deeper than that. I am thankful I seem to have figured a path to heal myself from the inside out. Let us know how you progress!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.