Home Forums General Discussion nanotechnology

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    linda
    Participant

“Will Nanotechnology Democratize Medicine”
    http://www.earthsky.org/radioshows/52464/will-nanotechnology-democratize-medicine

'Michael Roukes: I think the most profound ? I use this word repeatedly ? transformative potential that this technology has is to basically democratize modern medicine.

In other words, nanotech has the potential to instantly diagnose and treat disease. That?s key in developing countries where, Roukes said, patients often don?t return for lab results and treatment. Meanwhile, in the developed world, nanotech will deliver medicine into the hands of individuals.'

I found this article by accident, it's short but interesting. It puts healthcare into our own hands (what does this mean for doctors?). My question is this: Would a nanomachine finally be able to locate mycoplasma in the diseased tissue, rather than our doctors trying to grow it in a petrie dish? If so, would it diagnose me as having PsA or a myco infection? Think how great it would be to be able to diagnose AND treat our disease ourselves, instantly!:roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh: Can you imagine what this would mean for cancer patients?!

The future's looking brighter.

just a quick Spurs update: up 2-0 in the series against Phoenix. Yeah baby!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘ nanotechnology’ is closed to new replies.