Home Forums General Discussion Naltrexone

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cookie
    Participant

My AP mentioned this drug. Has anyone taken it. One of the side effects are vivid dreams???? This scares me. Please advise thank you for your help!!!

Diagnosed with RA in 2005. Taking minocycline M W F. Taking B vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, vit E, calcium, vit D, DHEA, zinc, magnesium taurine, curcumin, msm, GLA, vitamin C, glutathione capsules. Using topical ointments for pain such as Voltaren. Drinking lactose free milk, eating lean meat such as chicken and fruits and veggies. Exercising 3 times a week.
    My side effects of mino are hyperpigmentation of my face/neck and darkening of my gums and whites of eyes which is very distressing. Diagno

cosmo
    Participant

I have been taking LDN along with Minocin for about 2 years with no side effects. I am in remission so I would recommend it to anyone with RA.

cookie
    Participant

Thank you Cosmo for your response. What dosage did your AP recommend for you?

Diagnosed with RA in 2005. Taking minocycline M W F. Taking B vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, vit E, calcium, vit D, DHEA, zinc, magnesium taurine, curcumin, msm, GLA, vitamin C, glutathione capsules. Using topical ointments for pain such as Voltaren. Drinking lactose free milk, eating lean meat such as chicken and fruits and veggies. Exercising 3 times a week.
    My side effects of mino are hyperpigmentation of my face/neck and darkening of my gums and whites of eyes which is very distressing. Diagno

Linda L
    Participant

Actually the LDN dreams are very nice. I am sure that many today’s novelists use it in order to find the subjects for their books. The important thing is to find a proper dose for you.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Cookie,

What dosage did your AP recommend for you?

LDN is a drug that you should be very careful with because it has the potential to make your RA worse (much worse in some cases). A cautious approach would be to start at a low dose (e.g., 0.5 mg) and slowly increase the dose until the optimum dose is reached (without exceeding 4.0 mg). Unfortunately, many doctors are not that cautious.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

cookie
    Participant

Thanks for the information Phil

Cookie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.