Home Forums General Discussion My trip to Sydney, Australia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

I just got back from my almost three weeks trip to Sydney, Australia. It was a great trip. I also got a chance to meet up with Lynnie_Sydney. She is a super nice lady. It was really encouraging to meet Lynnie and to see how well she was doing with AP. I was totally impressed. I am very thankful Lynnie made time to meet me.

By the way, my cute 12 year old nephew was totally against me to meet up with some one I met on the Internet. He wanted to go with me to make sure I was okay. After I met Lynnie, he said “you are a lucky person who is still alive because Lynnie seems to be a nice lady”….:roll-laugh:

Maz and all, I gave Lynnie the hugs you guys asked!!!

Tip 1: for us new APers, it's really a wonderful feeling to meet up with those who are on AP for a while and have great improvement. Very encouraging.

My biggest problem is swelling. Sitting for over an hour, my legs, hands and arms can swell big time. United Airline is wonderful. At O'Hara airport in Chicago, my daughter and I were upgraded to business class without any charge. They also gave me the wheel chair service from San Francisco. It helped a lot. It was 15 hours flight from San Francisco to Sydney.

Tip 2: arrive to the airport half hour earlier and mention your medical condition so that if they have any empty seats, they will be glad to help you out.

I loved the ocean. We stayed at the Manly plaza for few days. It was off the beach with a breath taking view. Later we moved to my sister's house where is also near the beach with ocean view. All my stress were gone. It was just wonderful.

On my way back, I was again assigned a row of empty seats from the back of the airplane. I could lay down to sleep.

I have 72-76% Total Lung Capacity. I did not need oxygen. I was just fine.

Tip 3: for those who have Scleroderma with pulmonary fibrosis problem, please double check with your doctor. If your 6 minute walk oxygen level is above 94%, it's better not to use oxygen. It would be a pain to wear oxygen in the plane.

Maz
    Keymaster

JB, thank you for the lovely update of your trip and hope you're feeling a bit more rested now.  Thanks, also, for giving our lovely Lynnie a hug from me! She really is a gem that girl and I hope I can meet up with her in person, too, one day. 😀 There are so many special folk here on the board I wish I could meet, including you!

The pic is beautiful!!!!! Our best buddies here are Australian and I've love to take a trip down under with them one day. Is that Sydney harbour?

Peace, Maz xo

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

It was great to meet you too JB. And your nephew's concern brought back something Joe M said a week or so back. We never know who we are really in touch with on the internet. And your exclamation of 'You are just like your photo!' when we met suddenly took on a deeper significance for me. I am pleased I was able to briefly meet your sister and brother-in-law for the same reason. It must have given them some comfort, they obviously care deeply for you. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

JBJBJB
    Participant

Lynnie,

It was so wonderful to meet you. I would do it all over again. Thank you for buying me the coffee. I hope I will go back again next year. Perhaps I would take Maz with me next time :>;) or perhaps we will have RBFBB meeting in Sydney!!! :roll-laugh:

The guy was my brother. My sister and brother took off from their work and drove me around in Sydney for a week. It was really wonderful to be able to tour around Sydney.

Maz,

I don't know the name of place in that picture. Perhaps Lynnie could tell you. I went to a national park near the art museum where I could see the entire downtown Sydney and Opera House. It was really beautiful. I took over 500 pictures.

JB

DianeWI
    Participant

Hi JB,

I'm so happy for you…..that all went well.  I wondered often on how you were doing. Thanks for sharing!

Diane/WI

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

JB – sorry about the confusion re your brother. How lovely that your brother and sister both took the week off to show you around. Yes that is Sydney Harbour. I will reduce one I took last week and post that – it was taken from the north side of the Harbour (past Manly in fact, where you stayed!) Think yours may have been taken from the Botanic Gardens – which is next to the Art Gallery of New South Wales and near Museum??? Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ My trip to Sydney, Australia’ is closed to new replies.