Home Forums General Discussion my new lyme protocol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fran
    Participant

So I recently tested positive for lyme disease and saw Dr. P in Grinnell.  He has me on omnicef 300 mg 2x per day, zithromax 500 mg per day and starting in two more weeks I will start tindamax.  Plus I also have to start Transfer Factor and artemsia this week.

My CD 57 result was 7 (which seems really low to me!) and I also tested positive for babesia, bartonella and HHV6.

Already my gut is churning and I have yeast issues.  He gave me a prescription for diflucan but I haven't filled it yet because I'm so worried about all this stuff I'm taking.

Is anyone else taking this type of combination?  Has anyone else had such a low CD 57 score?  He said that he wants to see it raise to 17 before he lets me stop antibiotics but that seems low too.  Anyone else take diflucan and what side effects from that?  How are people who have to take multiple antibiotics getting them all in and protecting their guts?  I already take a ton of probiotics but feel constantly nauseous.  Yikes!

nspiker
    Participant

Hi Fran,

I completely understand how scary and overwhelming it must be to start treating lyme.  I too have Lyme and babesia, along with mycoplasma and a host of other viruses including HHV-6.

My best advice is to start with one antibiotic or supplement at a time.  Don't add anything until you know you're tolerating it well.  Your antibiotic regime seems reasonable to me.  You're better treating aggressively, if you can tolerate the abx. 

I would start with the two antibiotics, zith and omnicef, and if you can tolerate, add the tindamax in two weeks.  That's reasonable.  I would wait until you're tolerating the three antibiotics before adding arteminisin or transfer factor.  Then add each once you know you're not herxing or reacting.

Diflucan can be taken with antibiotics.  I was hesitant to add this to my many antibiotics, because it can be hard on the liver.  As long as you support your liver and kidneys with supplements like milk thistle or Pekana detox, you should be fine.  I have a prescription for 30 diflucan pills that I take from time to time, weekly, or as needed.  I haven't experienced any side effects.

Your CD57 is low.  I have heard conflicting info about it's relevance.  Mine is about 80.  Some are very high, and many treating lyme are very low.  Dr. B's guideline is that CD57 has to be 120 to be in remission.  My LLMD gives more importance to the C4 test.  I don't really understand it all that well, but mine is very high (5682).

Transfer Factor is something I've considered taking for the many viruses.  My rheumatologist, Dr. F., wants me to start taking it to build the immune system.  I'm not sure I need it.  I use my gut a lot to see what works, and it serves me well.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm also on many antibiotics and protozoa medications at once, and have been for a year.  Currently taking Minocycline 100 mg., Zithromax 600 mg., Tindamax 500 mg. 2x/day, Mepron 4 tsp./day, and now Lariam every five days.  I haven't had any liver or kidney problems, and am grateful (knock on wood).

It's a full time job to take all these antibiotics, fit in the supplements, and detox.  Make sure you're taking good probiotics like VSL#3 or something with billions of live bacteria.  I usually take one at night, and another brand during the day, two hours away from abx.

Welcome to our lymie club :sick:….we're all going through it together!
    nancy

Parisa
    Participant

Hi Fran,

Welcome to Lyme protocols!  My husband took all sorts of combinations.  Diflucan is actually what lead us to a Lyme diagnosis as my husband was taking it for candida in his lungs and made some great improvement.  I started researching Diflucan and found out about the Schard protocol, a Lyme protocol, and subsequently had my husband tested for Lyme which tested positive.

Sometimes all of these different regimes can be overwhelming.  I tend to research everything.  If the risks seems acceptable, I just lend myself to the process and say what if this is the wonder pill that is needed and makes everything go away.  You're now one step closer to getting well!

Fran
    Participant

Thanks so much for the encouragement!  Sometimes I look at all these drugs and wonder….”am I this sick??”  Anyway, I am starting one at a time.  The first week of Nov. I will be adding the Tindamax.  I will probably start the artemsia next weekend and maybe transfer factor in a week or two after that.  He also said he wants to start me on an antibiotic for Bartonella.  I just think wouldn't all the antibiotics I'm on now cover bartonella?  Do you guys know what they use for that?

Ok, I'm running to work now and only have a moment but I just had to say thanks for helping me feel better about this regime!  Fran

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ my new lyme protocol’ is closed to new replies.