Home Forums Personal History and Progress Threads My Journey to Erradicate RA Complete

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    tiffany
    Participant

Good Morning to All:

Have great news! Visited with my RA Dr yesterday (10/5/11) and have been released from his care. The last three blood tests for RA Factor were negative and the Sed Rates were normal over this period of time. I discussed with the Dr how well the antibiotic protocol worked and also that I had discontinued the AP this past July. No flare ups since very early this year (don’t remember exact point of time). I also mentioned to the RA Dr that I had just in last 1-1/2 weeks read a book called, “Wheat Belly” by Dr William Davis, in which it was mentioned that wheat can be a cause of or amplify the symptoms of RA. My RA Dr agreed with this statement as he now tests all his patients for Celiac or Gluten intolerance (however, he never tested me…hmmmm…how about that!). I decided to eliminate wheat from my diet (in all its forms) about 1-1/2 wks ago. The results were astonishing. No more hand/joint soreness and I feel better all over my body. My RA Dr said he counsels all his patients to eliminate the wheat from their diets, but as he said, most will not do it. It can be difficult as I can attest but the results are worth it. So, at this juncture, if I have a flare up of RA I’m to call the Dr but I do not think this is going to happen.

For myself, I do not think I have full blown Celiac Disease (neither did my RA Dr) just that I am Gluten intolerant and in thinking back over the years of having RA and before I was diagnosed with RA, I’m sure I really did have Gluten intolerance or a level thereof. This has been quite a road back, learning all about the RA disease and the myriad of problems it causes, learning about what foods are good or bad for you and not lose your confidence along the road that this disease can’t be concurred. That being said and discovering my Gluten intolerance, I do miss my home made bread, pasta or an occasional sandwich…those are all history now. In this last research project of mine on wheat and finding out I’m Gluten intolerant, I’ve learned how bad wheat is for anyone. Who knew? I recommend to all here at this site to read the book Wheat Belly….you’ll be amazed as I was. I do spend a lot of time on the computer now learning about gluten free recipes.

My thanks to everyone who monitors this site for their patience with me (not posting messages in the correct location) and all the members who provided and still provide so much information I’d not have learned anywhere else.

PS- My RA Dr didn’t want to state that the AP worked like he had not expected it would. That’s too bad as I was hoping at least he say, yes it worked for you. I like the Dr but was disappointed in him not admitting how well AP worked. Too bad for all his patients.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.