Home Forums General Discussion My first post/question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Char M
    Participant

Hi all,
    I'm new to the board, I finally posted my story last week and now my first question?
    Is any else taking beta glucan? My doc wants to ad it my list of supplements and Im not really sure what it's supposed to do, other than it might cause a herx.

Any thoughts/experiences?

Happy to be part of the community,
    Char

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1626]Char M[/user] wrote:

Is any else taking beta glucan? My doc wants to ad it my list of supplements and Im not really sure what it's supposed to do, other than it might cause a herx.

Hi Char,

We're happy you found the RBF support forum, too! Welcome! 😀

I hadn't heard of beta glucna before, so did a bit of a websearch and it seems there are different derivatives of beta glucan, but in general it is supposed to have immune-modulatory, antibiotic and anti-oxidative properties…maybe more, but that was a quick scan of this Wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta-glucan

Would be very interested to know how you get on with this supp. Thanks for sharing!

Peace, Maz

Char M
    Participant

Maz,
    Thanks for the link! I will keep you posted.
    Char

Margaret Mueller
    Participant

HI,

I am taking Beta Glucan 2X day. Because I like to test limits (I'm still three, not fifty-five), I have gone off it for a few days at a time to see what difference it made in my day.

Beta Glucan is supposed to help activate microphages which gobble up foreign bodies, like bacteria, in your system. What I noticed, which is the practical side of things, was that my joints seem to hurt less and work better, probably because the bacteria that is being forced out of my system is being eliminated.

I lilke my Beta Glucan, it's my friend. I learned it does a job, and I want to have it in my arsenal against my disease.

Hope this helps.

Char M
    Participant

That's great news, thanks so much for the info. I took my first dose this morning. I'm anxious to see what it may do for me.

Char

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ My first post/question’ is closed to new replies.