Home Forums General Discussion My doctor said remission to me today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Joanne NJ
    Participant

I am 9 months into AP and went to the Dr. today and he feels I am in remission. πŸ˜€ I have felt very good on a daily basis for about 4 months now. My labs have been perfect for 6 months now, sed rate and CRP all normal, my RA factor was 250 and is now 12. We are going to continue my current dose until my next visit and labs in March, and discuss from there if I continue with the antibiotics or reduce the dosing. I can’t say thanks enough to roadback, this is a great site for this treatment, wonderful information and support from volunteers and members. Joanne

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Wonderful news Joanne! My rheumatologist used that word with me at my visit in early November — but then my labs came back and my RH factor was still positive — down to only 42 ( 20 is normal) …. so there is still some work to do. So happy you are feeling great and back in the game. Congratulations.

Bonnie

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Joanne – that is absolutely wonderful news. Thank you for sharing it. We’ll be looking forward to a testimonial from you of course πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ . Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Seaside Shell
    Participant

That is so great Joanne. I am truely happy for you. This is also good to spur the rest of us on.

Shelley

hopefulmama
    Participant

Thank you so much for sharing this terrific news, Joanne. I am so happy for you and this is also very inspiring… right at a moment when I needed that little bit of cheer. So happy that you have your life back πŸ˜€

Joanne NJ
    Participant

Hi Hopeful, thanks for the encouraging words. I hope my story helps, and lets you know there are success stories with this treatment, Joanne

Joanne NJ
    Participant

Bonnie Lou and Shelley, I hope my story helps. One thing I have learned is that it takes time. I know I have been lucky to have great results in 9 months, everything has gotten better over this year, and my life has come back. Thanks for the encouraging words. Joanne

Lynnie- You asked me before about my story. I do want to wait for my one year anniversary in Feb. 2011. I will be working on my testimonial, and I can’t wait to tell my great story, I have nothing but great things to say about my treatment, I will email it to you when I am done, Joanne

Maz
    Keymaster

Joanne – many congratulations!!! Thanks so much for sharing your uplifting, wonderful news with us!!! πŸ˜€

I have sent you a PM. πŸ˜‰

Kim
    Participant

Such happy news, Joanne! πŸ˜€

Posts like yours sure help those still struggling with the “you might get worse before you get better” part of the protocol. πŸ˜‰

Take care…..kim

mschmidt
    Participant

Joanne,

Congratulations on your wonderful news πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ I’m so happy for you!! Keep up the good work, and thank you for inspiring so many people on their road back.

Maria

Patti D
    Participant

Wow Joanne,
    Fantastic news. I am curious for you & BonnieLou what they called remission by the lab work. My sed rate & CRP have been back to normal for almost 3 years My Rheumatoid Factor went from 220 to now 22 but my Anti-ccp is still over 250 which is very high. I have no visible swollen joints or painful joints and within 5 minutes and sometimes less of getting up in the morning I am not stiff at all other than the normal aches of a 55 yr old πŸ˜†
    I would also like to know how low will the doctor drop your ap treatment for maintenance doses. I think I may be there too but I am looking for a new doctor as mine has just retired in the last month.
    Any help on this is appreciated. Bonnie Lou, you are close in Chicago. Have any suggestions for Milwaukee doctors. If so, could you PM me?

Patti

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Congrats! So glad for you! And all of us here…Well done! Hope you stay in remission forever!

Pauyen
    Participant

Indeed, this is fantastic news, thanks for sharing.

Valsmum
    Participant

Wow, what great news. Man I wish and pray in 6 months my doc can say those words to me too. Congratulations, so happy for you!
    Sheri

donnamichael2
    Participant

Hi Joanne, Thank you for sending me a message! I’m so new to this I can’t figure out how to send you a private message back!LOL They did send me a Dr. list and Dr. Whitmen is on it, but yes he is about 2 hours from me also. He isn’t coming up under my insurance plan either. He comes up under an Urgent Care facility? Not sure if this is right or not since its a holiday can’t call. But think hes going to be too far for me anyway. How do I send you a private message?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.