Home Forums General Discussion My doctor said remission to me today

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Joanne NJ
    Participant

Hi Donnamichael2, to send a private message, log in, then click on user control panel that is up on the left side, then you should see a tab for private message, then to the left click on compose. Hope this helps, Joanne

Valsmum
    Participant

Congrats!!!!
    I noticed you mentioned your RF factor, how high was your sed rate and CRP?
    How long did it take those to come down, how much per month or 3 months?

Thank you.
    Sheri

Joanne NJ
    Participant

Hi Valsmum, I don’t remember my exact numbers with my sed rate and crp, but I do remember my doc saying they were very high. I see my regular primary doc for my treatment. I started AP in Feb.of 2010 and had great, but gradual results. In May of 2010 all labs had come down quite a bit. By August of 2010, my RA factor, sed rate and CRP had come back to normal. My labs in December also showed all normal results with these tests. He felt I was in remission (I agreed) and I was feeling great. We decided that I would continue with my current antibiotics and look at my labs in March and mabey reduce some meds. Then I started feeling quite lousy around Christmas, and this continued for several weeks. I had a swollen right knee, huge hand, and generally felt like a step back. I went and saw him, he felt that I should discontinue all meds and try to find an experinced AP doc. He also put me on a prednisone taper to relieve my syptoms which I finished 5 days ago. Now,for some reason, I feel great 😀 and I hope I continue to feel good. I wonder if it was time for me to take a break from the antibiotics, it was almost a year of taking them, and after a lousy few weeks, I now generally feel so well. I am taking it slow right now, as if my syptoms return I want to go back on AP and want to be a remssion story. Hope this helps, Joanne

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.