Home Forums General Discussion My AP Doctor Prescribing Mega Doses of Vitamin D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fredam
    Participant

I have been on Azithromycin (250 mg) 3 times weekly for approximately 1 year.  Last week my AP doc started me on high doses of vitamin D.  I'm taking 1200 mg daily and will increase it by additional 500 mg each week until I reach a maximum level of 5000 mg. daily.  In approximately 8 weeks I will be taking 5000 mg daily. My doc is extremely involved with AP and after listening to him expound for 15 minutes about this latest technique – I decided to try it.  According to him a very high percentage of RA patients are very low in vitamin D.  He stated that once the D level reached 80 ng/ml, the effect of the azithromycin would kick in significantly faster and I would really notice the results.  (Feeling better – sooner). I believe all of this sounds contrary to the Marshall Protocol.  Any feedback from you knowledgeable folks would really be appreciated. 

Fredam

krazykrow
    Participant

According to MP advo. it may have initial positive effects, but then you may find it like

any other steroid (chemically breaks down to exactly that: steroid) in time the effects

are diminished. Furthermore, it may even be helping the disease progress. There are

several forums here specifically about Vit D, they should help alleviate some of your

questions.  The devils advocate says: if RA patients are low in Vit D, maybe the

disease is useing that to progress, why feed it more of what it needs to gain

strength.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi There;
          What is your ratio  1,25 D to 25 D? Have you even been tested.I was very reluctant to give up my vit.D but my doctor told me I would not get any better if I did not knock it down considerably.As always she was right and in 18 months of diet changes and noD I was in remission.

Karen R
    Participant

Hi Lynn,

You and I have the same AP doc and she insists I take the Vit D as she does. I think it all depends on our levels. Everyone should get tested.

Karen R

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

i
    Hi Karen,did you know that Claire is in town from Mexico.We will be getting together for coffee at the end of the week.Think you can make it? If so can you give me your phone number.   Lynne

It is all terribly confusing and as the M/P is said to be a trial I guess we have to try and work it out what makes us feel better if your Dr. will allow it.  I have had to keep taking my Vit D Flax the whole time. I was taking 10 caps per day each one 1000mg.  I managed to drop it to 8 per day because of what they stated, but really needed that amount for inflammation and memory loss which I later found out was fungal.   What I found was with extremely low D levels was that if you increase gradually the D, you do not have the reaction like you used to.- that was over a few years of course. I still stay out of the sun though. Eggs are not a problem any more either. Have heard that the yolk causes inflammation so I try not to have too much in a day.

I guess we all have to do whatever we have to do to get well.  If you find that you get an exteme reaction to something the Dr. prescribes you need to get back to him and tell him so, ask him how you are expected to cope I guess. I have had to work everything out for myself being left so long without treatment was hard for anyone to guage what they should do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ My AP Doctor Prescribing Mega Doses of Vitamin D’ is closed to new replies.