Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    wendi
    Participant

My husband had a customer that creates and supplies supplements.  He gave me a drink that contains MSM to try.  He said I should feel a difference after about 21 days.  Does anyone take MSM?  Are there any side effects?  Any reason I shouldn't take it?

Thanks

wendi

Patti D
    Participant

Hey Wendi,

Hope you are feeling better. If you check on the thread history there was something recently about MSM. I am kind of interested in that as well. Reason why, my too little poochies:):). my 2 cute king charles cavalier spaniels both have arthritis and Sara is just like me and gets gimpy with the rain:roll-laugh: So I just started them on glocosamine with msm. They think it's a treat:) the vet said this will replace the drug they were taking fo pain periodically and is much safer on the liver. I will watch this thread too but I am pretty bad on any suppliments right now. Just a little tired of pill popping.

Happy days!

Patti

bshahn569
    Participant

My husband has been taking MSM for several years and swears by it.  He does not have arthritis of any type.  He takes the MSM for his allergies.  He used to take benadryl…and this is better as it stops his joints from hurting (so he claims).

I am a firm believer that if YOU think it helps, keep doiing it.

I have RA and am here trying to find some way to get rid of my 24/7 joint pain.

Patti D
    Participant

Sharon,

I am sending well wishes your way. Love those poochies:):) Are those bishons?

Happy days!

Patti

Goodwife
    Participant

My hubby took MSM for about 9 months for achy joints that would come and go, but worsened after he started AP.  He didn't notice any improvement with or without it.  So he stopped taking it.  That is just our experience.

Jo
    Participant

This is a good link on MSM

http://users.rcn.com/ereshkigal/msm.htm

We discovered MSM before we discovered the AP, and it has completely eliminated all of Mr Perfect's symptoms. It also prevents all signs of Herx, except fatigue.

Be aware however, that while the normal dose is only 750mg a day, that is not the case for RA.  Most people with this type is illness report relief only after exceeding 12,000 mg per day. Mr Perfect had to reach 18,000 mg per day before he achieved symptom controll.  Now though, he's down to only 9000 mg per day, to keep the symptoms controlled.

Most side effects reported are due to it's detox ability. And the side effects relate to the chemicals that it's removing from your body, so they differ between people and between doses.  Starting with a small dose and increasing every few days with no symptoms will keep the detox controlled. 

For example, if you've been exposed to lead paint, or mercury from fish, you don't want it released all at once to circulate in your body while waiting to be eliminated.  If you have nothing to detox, you will reach the higher doses where it will work on the inflammation very quickly.

MSM is rated as safe as drinking water. It has been tested at doses as high as 100,000 mg per day for 6 months with no side effects or problems. So don't be afraid to keep increasing it until you find the right dose that eliminates your symptoms.

Most people who think that it didn't work for them, didn't know how high the initial doses really needed to be, and didn't keep increasing it above the 12,000 mg per day threshold of effectiveness.

It also makes your other medications more effective, so carefully watch and see if anything else might need to be reduced, and be prepared to discuss it with your doctor.

Blessings

Jo

bshahn569
    Participant

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

Sharon,

I am sending well wishes your way. Love those poochies:):) Are those bishons?

Happy days!

Patti

Thank you for your well wishes Patti, yes….those are “my boys” and they are both Bichons.  Maurice is on the left and Winston is on the right.

Jo…over what period of time did you increase the MSM?  Do you think the AP would have been as good with or without the MSM?

Thanks!  

Sharon

Jo
    Participant

[user=678]bshahn569[/user] wrote:

Jo…over what period of time did you increase the MSM?  Do you think the AP would have been as good with or without the MSM?

Thanks!  

Sharon

Well Mr Perfect was practically crippled by the RA, so we were in a hurry. Any 3 day period without detox symptoms, we increased by 1000mg.

Dr Brown states that we need to use an anti inflammatory. The antibiotic does not work, if it can't get thru the inflammation.  So I'd say that the AP would not have been as good without the MSM.

Blessings

Jo

suera
    Participant

I tried the MSM also and  didn't notice any difference one way or the other but after reading Jo's post maybe I should increase the dosage.

Sue

Patti D
    Participant

Hey Sharon,

I have a Winston too, my little cavalier!! Hope you feeling better today!

Patti

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ MSM’ is closed to new replies.