Home Forums General Discussion MSM – wow!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hotspur2904
    Participant

The only thing I've changed in the last week or so (other than ditching the evil Leflunomide!) is taking two teaspoons of MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane) every day.

I still have my aches and pains but feel ten years younger and much more positive about life.

Is this the MSM or have I got a new lease of life?  Any ideas anyone?

S 🙂

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi
        Great stuff,no? MSM is anti-inflamatory, detoxing and the sulphur is needed in cell repair.If you google  …scientific info on MSM you will get heaps .There is so much crap and advertising on the internet that you always have to ask for “scientific” when researching something

smiley59
    Participant

Does MSM interfer with any meds?  Is all MSM the same?

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1170]smiley59[/user] wrote:

Hi Smiley,

As far as I know, MSM is pretty benign, in and of itself, however it can potentiate some drugs and, if anyone taking coumadin for thinning blood, then it is contraindicated to take MSM as it could cause too much thinning. When researching MSM, just do a search on “drug interactions with MSM.” I read of this particular drug interaction of coumadin with MSM on an MSM website, but must apologise as I no longer have the link since my pc crash a couple months ago. :doh:

Peace, Maz

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=1170]smiley59[/user] wrote:

Hi Smiley,

All MSM is not the same, some have fillers in, you need to get the pure stuff.

I was taking large quantities as well as fish oil tabs, and because both are thinners, I was bruising a lot.  Just recently my naturapath advise me to cut down on MSM, as it can imbalance others minerals in my body, so have cut down to 10 tabs a day to see how I go.

…………………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ MSM – wow!’ is closed to new replies.