Home Forums General Discussion MSM? Reduce pred..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    zoofie_85
    Participant

I have reduced red from 10 mg to 7,5… on 10 mg im just fine!! but on 7,5 mg im bad again specially in the mornings .. today I had a lot of musclepain and im soo tierd, im afraid I have heard it can be withdrawl symptom of prednisone … but I think maybe its not…

So have any of you som information of MSM. I have search it on google and here on board. I haave to reduce my pred… And iknow im having to do it slowly…

Im so wierd these days, one morning im sooo bad and the next, i just have musclepain and tierd? not the usual pain?

MSM , somebody?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Zoofie;
         You get MSM at the vitamin or health food shop.Doctor will not prescribe it .I took 2 teaspoons a day and lowered my pred 1mg every third week.
                         Lynne

swollen
    Participant

I haven't been reading this board for awhile.  I just wanted to say that I am using MSM, I started recently and I am doing good in the inflammation department.  Also I am trying L-glutamate and grape fruit seed extract, they call it GSE because they say GSE is used to fight candida or fungus which I think I could have also.  And I order this from vita cost as other people here do.  So with everything I am trying , I don't really know which is working for me but I am feeling better than I was.  The reason I think I have candida or fungus infection is because I was taking antibiotics and not probiotics along with until I found about probiotics here.  The doctor didn't tell me to take probiotics too.  I have a fungus toe nail too but this problem has been for a long time.  So I am just trying these things without being tested for them.  When the swelling was real bad, I took alot of Aleve with alot of water.  For me it was the one that was over the counter that worked for me so I could get around a little better.  I hope other people who are trying MSM will reply.

Kim
    Participant

Hi swollen,

Glad to hear you're getting some relief.  There have been numerous discussions from people on the board using MSM that you can use the “search” button to read.  Some had good results, others not so much.

Take care…..kim

PhilC
    Participant

[user=2526]zoofie_85[/user] wrote:

I have reduced red from 10 mg to 7,5… on 10 mg im just fine!! but on 7,5 mg im bad again specially in the mornings .. today I had a lot of musclepain and im soo tierd, im afraid I have heard it can be withdrawl symptom of prednisone … but I think maybe its not…

Hi Zoofie,

Maybe you are reducing the dose too quickly? My mother is taking prednisone, and she has had a very difficult time getting off of it. She has tried several times and failed. I suggested to her that she needs to taper off of the prednisone very slowly. My mother discussed it with her rheumatologist, and he told her to reduce her dose by 0.5 mg per month. She decided to reduce her dose by an even smaller increment– 0.25 mg every two weeks.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ MSM? Reduce pred..’ is closed to new replies.