Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nancy
    Participant

Hi All,

Do any of you know if AP is used at all for MS patients???  I have a friend who is possibly looking at this as a dx, but is not sure yet.  Just obviously scared and looking for info.  Any thing you know about it is greatly appreciated.  She does have Hashimotos and her entire thyroid was removed….she is currently trying to get that meds for that on the right levels but is suffering from uneven strength between sides, swelling, numbness, and headaches.  They are also trying to rule out a brain tumor.  In any case, I am looking to know if anyone knows if AP works for MS considering that are saying MS is an AI disease. 

Thanks in advance!

Nancy

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Nancy,

Yes! I have a specific interest in this, too, as my brother has MS and have done a bit of research on it. In fact, minocycline is currently undergoing trials in British Columbia, Canada, testing its efficacy in early MS. You'll find a lot of information online by just doing a search on minocycline and MS.

Chlamydia Pneumoniae has been linked with MS and there is a website using the Wheldon Protocol for MS at http://www.cpnhelp.org  Wheldon's wife suffers from MS (her story is on the site) and he has helped to bring her to remission with the use of antibiotic therapy.

Lyme Disease is also amongst the pathogenic suspects linked to MS…a strong association in some cases and very worth looking into. If your friend lives anywhere in the New England area, I'd be happy to share my Lyme Literate physician's info with her. Just send me a private message. An internal med guy, his area of expertise is in microbiologiy, with a specific interest in the connection of Lyme and “autoimmune diseases” and treating Lyme patients with long term antibiotic therapy.

Wishing you well in your searches…you must be a wonderful friend!

Peace, Maz

Maz
    Keymaster

Here is a minocycline FAQ produced by the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada: 

http://www.mssociety.ca/en/releases/nr_20071025_faq.htm

Peace, Maz

Nancy
    Participant

Thanks Maz…I still have all of your doc's info….and I will read all of that info you sent!  Thanks so very much.  How is your brother's treatment going?  What is he doing for it? 

Thanks again!  I will keep you posted as to the results of her MRI.

N

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hi, Nancy:

If AP is not used for MS, I believe it should be!

Professor
    Ebringer has found a link between MS and the bacterium Acinetobacter calcoaceticus and has made the following claims and observation relating to this:

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Nancy – below is a link to David Wheldon's website. He is a microbiologist at Bedford Hospital (U.K.) and designed an antibiotic protocol for his wife's MS. He is also a novelist and poet! The material on his site re MS also makes ref to Crohns and Arthritis. Best Lynnie

http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

A Friend
    Participant

[user=149]Nancy[/user] wrote:

Do any of you know if AP is used at all for MS patients???  I have a friend who is possibly looking at this as a dx, but is not sure yet.  Just obviously scared and looking for info.  Any thing you know about it is greatly appreciated.  She does have Hashimotos and her entire thyroid was removed….she is currently trying to get that meds for that on the right levels but is suffering from uneven strength between sides, swelling, numbness, and headaches.  They are also trying to rule out a brain tumor.  In any case, I am looking to know if anyone knows if AP works for MS considering that are saying MS is an AI disease. 

Thanks in advance! Nancy

Nancy,

Will add the following to your collection of information about MS for your friend.  She is fortunate to have you for an “MS Warrior” to help her.

AF

1) Multiple Sclerosis is included in the following article.  Once you click on it and read it, you will notice other links given following it:

http://www.immed.org/illness/autoimmune_illness_research.html
    Autoimmune Illnesses and Degenerative Diseases
    by Professor Garth Nicolson, former chief scientific officer at MD Anderson, Houston; also, solved the Gulf War Syndrome in our returned veterans from the Gulf War; testified before Congress about this; plus many more credits about him.  His web site is:  http://www.immed.org

2)

Chris Jones, chief executive of the MS Trust, agreed that the study was small, and had only covered a short period of time.
    “A longer trial with more people will be needed before we can properly gauge the value of this combination for people with MS.”
    Helen Yates, of the MS Resource Centre, said the condition was complex and difficult.
    She said other work was examining the possibility that MS was linked to an infection of the bacterium Chlamydia pneumoniae – more commonly associated with respiratory disease – in the brain.
    “The growing interest in combination therapies is producing some good results, in particular for those people for whom single therapies have not worked.”

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/health/7136088.stm">”However this study is very early stage in only 15 people with MS and no firm conclusions can be drawn at this stage.”
    Chris Jones, chief executive of the MS Trust, agreed that the study was small, and had only covered a short period of time.
    “A longer trial with more people will be needed before we can properly gauge the value of this combination for people with MS.”
    Helen Yates, of the MS Resource Centre, said the condition was complex and difficult.
    She said other work was examining the possibility that MS was linked to an infection of the bacterium Chlamydia pneumoniae – more commonly associated with respiratory disease – in the brain.
    “The growing interest in combination therapies is producing some good results, in particular for those people for whom single therapies have not worked.”

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/health/7136088.stm

Published: 2007/12/11 00:08:43 GMT

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ MS’ is closed to new replies.