Home Forums General Discussion More greetings from Ida Grove!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    pam
    Participant

After hearing so many good things about  the IV treatments and Dr.S, I decided to make the trip to Ida Grove.

I have just finished #7 of 10 IV's and I feel good. I have had no side effects. As reported, Dr. S is very special.

I came by myself and if anyone has been hesitant to do so, its fine. If I need to, I certainly will do it again.

I look forward to the healing benefits of this treatment. 

Pam

RA, SD   off minocin after 20 mon due to high liver enzymes

Maz
    Keymaster

Pam, so great to hear you're having such a good experience in Ida Grove. Kat is there, too, as we speak…maybe you two will meet up at some point.

Hope it won't be too long before your liver enzymes settle down and you're back on your mino.

All the best for your last few IVs and trip home!

Peace, Maz

kat
    Participant

We are on our way home now, but we did meet on our last night there! (oh, I guess that was just last night, it feels like a week ago already, LOL :D). We had a great chat over our IVs!

Continued luck to you on your treatments Pam! I feel so silly that we didnt even exchange our names.

Kat

JBJBJB
    Participant

Pam,

Glad to hear you finally made it. Hope all goes well.

JB

Kim
    Participant

How nice Pam and Kat got to meet in Ida Grove.  The whole week I was there for treatment not a single person getting the IVs had heard of this site.  Of course, I wrote it down for all of them.  My suggestion is to spread the word when you're there and not assume they are all in the loop, because as we all know there is so much to be learned from the sharing of information.

kat
    Participant

I saw a gal there with an IV in her arm so I talked to her. Turned out she was getting abx but not for any of the reasons we all do. She was a local with some other type of infection. But it turned out her friend has RA and they did not know about the treatment Dr S does. They do now. 🙂

So yes, agree, even the locals there are not all in the loop about this type of treatment.

Silvia
    Participant

Hi all:

I'm very fortunate, my husband is a doctor, who is very supportive of my quest for a solution to my destructive RA.  I spoke to Dr. S. on the phone who was most kind and a pleasure to talk to.  He gave me the dosing and administration details for IV clinda, so I had my husband write the prescription, filled it at the drugstore, arranged for the suppies at the hospital where I work, got one of my nurse friends to set up the IV reseal, and have been getting the IVs at home ( our dresser looks like a pharmacy counter!) I have two more IVs to go, tonight and tomorrow morning, then I'll go back to the oral mino.  So far, no side effects, very easy, just lots of curious co-workers as to why I'm walking around with a bandage wrapped around my lower arm!  I'm tempted to say I tried to slash my wrist but missed LOL  Sorry, sick humour.  I'm very hopeful that this will work, I certainly got the impression from Dr. S that this is a great kick start to the AP, especially for people who've had their disease for a number of years, and have been on toxic, immunosuppressive meds, which I have. 

All the best to all of you!   Silvia

Maz
    Keymaster

Silvia….you're so fortunate to have a physician husband who can help you out – if only it was this easy for everyone here on the BB. I think you mentioned this before – is he an orthopedist? Has he considered helping others in this way, too? Any chance he'd be willing to be listed on RBF as an AP doc?

So great to hear you're doing so well on the IVs and wish you all the very best for continued improvement! 🙂

Peace, Maz

Silvia
    Participant

Hi Maz:

I asked my husband if he would be willing to do this and he was intrigued.  He will be scaling down to 1/2 time in six months transitioning to retirement, which means giving up his office.  He spoke to one of the rheumys here at our hospital about AP and he knew about it and believed in it, so why is he not practicing it???  He and others would be ideal for AP treatment as they already have the clinic space and infrastructure in the hospitals, which are public here so there would be no cost involved for Canadians.  We also have a very good home care system (also covered by the government health system) that would be simple to implement home IV.  We are also in a very uniquely fortunate position of both of us working in health care, and having a certain level of influence and credibility, that when we start seeing improvements in my symptoms (note: when not if!) we will become crusaders for AP in Canada.  Since being diagnosed 7 years ago, I've seen 4 rheumys, one of them being the most well known and respected in Toronto, if not the whole country.  You can bet they'll be hearing from us! 

all the best to you, take care   Silvia

Maz
    Keymaster

Sylvia….I've sent you a PM. 😉

Peace, Maz

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ More greetings from Ida Grove!’ is closed to new replies.