Home Forums General Discussion Mom's Dr. is quitting his practice…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mkbeeliever
    Participant

I am in a panic.  He tells me that she'll be fine with one of the two other doctors in his practice.  I can't believe it.  All the work we've done – all the research – all the progress – all the consulting together etc.  I am so mad.  I have asked him if we can have a meeting with him, me, mom and the new doctor taking over for him.

If it's not one thing its another.  :crying:  Said he can't do it anymore financially – he'd have to take his daughter out of the school she goes to.  I understand where he's coming from but it's still not any less devastating and scary.

Blessings,
    Michelle

JBJBJB
    Participant

How frustrating, Michelle. I feel for you after all these hard work. I hope and pray that you will soon find a better one.

Parisa
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

It's really hard when you put a team together and feel like you can relax a little and then it falls apart on you!  If the doctors at that practice don't work out, maybe you'll find someone even better.

Kim
    Participant

Michelle,

I'd worry more if this were happening to someone else, but we already know how tenacious you are, and that this is yet another bump in the road.

Hang in there, Michou, your game-plan has already paid huge dividends, so no doubt you've already got Plan B together.

Take care…..kim

Suzanne
    Participant

We went through the same thing when our daughter's first AP dr. retired.  We were devastated!  It had been so difficult to find a dr. we felt comfortable with who would treat a young child, and we were back to square one.  (It isn't even easy to find traditional drs. who treat jra; ped rheums are scarce in most areas.)  But it worked out for us and I know it will work out for you, too.  Hang in there!

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Thanks everyone for your support…I really just had to vent!  I will figure something out…I always do.  I will haul her to Iowa if I have to.  She was fine with that if it means saving her life.  The other Dr. S in TN/GA still has not called us for an appointment.  SO VERY DISAPPOINTED in that.

Meanwhile, mom is doing good!  Started on new injection for her knee (synvisc). 

Had a scare last week with my dad.  Thought he had a heart attack.  He did not. Thank you Lord!  He has been very sick since before we left for Florida.  Bronchitis and sinus infection.  Seems he got very dehydrated and PCP said he had a heart attack based on his EKG. Spent 48 hrs. in the hospital.  Did all heart tests, blood work etc.  No heart attack.  He's doing much better now.  Having some issues with his blood pressure bottoming out but it's getting better.  He was very sick. Had several antibiotics, dose pack etc.

My dog is having panic attacks. I suspect a brain tumor.  Vet on Saturday.  He is pacing, looking in every corner, getting behind the furniture, hiding, going nutso. :crying:

Such a wild and crazy life I lead!  :roll-laugh:  Never a dull moment.

Blessings to all and thanks again!
    Michelle

Kim
    Participant

Oh, Michelle, you need a hug!  So sorry things are piling up on you like this.  Keep us posted. 😕

Take care…..kim

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Oh, Michelle, you need a hug!  So sorry things are piling up on you like this.  Keep us posted. 😕

Take care…..kim

Thanks Kim!  I'll take that hug…and the beach again in 3 weeks!  No family…just a friend for a couple of days.  Too bad there is that huge oil issue and it's getting all over my gorgeous beaches in the Gulf – so sad.  I shudder to think what it will be like in 3 weeks.  There's always the pool.

You take care too!
    Michelle

Kim
    Participant

Michelle,

Where in Florida will you be?  We'll be in Santa Rosa Beach the first week of June.  I've told the grandkids we can collect pretty seashells and tarballs. :roll-laugh:

Take care…..kim

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Michelle,

Where in Florida will you be?  We'll be in Santa Rosa Beach the first week of June.  I've told the grandkids we can collect pretty seashells and tarballs. :roll-laugh:

Take care…..kim

I absolutely LOVE Santa Rosa Beach!  I'll be in Panama City Beach.  It's what I lovingly call the “redneck Rivera!”  This redneck girl's version of paradise!  Nothing like the Gulf…completely gorgeous!  I'll be collecting the tarballs with you guys!  :X
    I'm so glad you are going!  You deserve it!  Pictures please!!

xxoo
    Michelle

mschmidt
    Participant

Michelle,

I'm sorry to hear that your mom's doctor is leaving the practice–that is so frustrating! But, I have to agree, you are so far ahead of the game at this point that I know you will find another doctor to help your mom.  This is just a bump in the road, and maybe you'll find someone even better than him.  I truely believe that everything happens for a reason, even if we can't make sense of it initially.  Your mom is so lucky to have you advocating for her, and I know you will keep forging ahead, despite this temporary setback.

Give your mom (and yourself) a big hug–I have no doubt that things will work out for you.:)

Maria

Kim
    Participant

[user=1335]mkbeeliever[/user] wrote:

Michelle,

Take care…..kim

I absolutely LOVE Santa Rosa Beach!  I'll be in Panama City Beach.  It's what I lovingly call the “redneck Rivera!”  This redneck girl's version of paradise!  Nothing like the Gulf…completely gorgeous!  I'll be collecting the tarballs with you guys!  :X
    I'm so glad you are going!  You deserve it!  Pictures please!!

xxoo
    Michelle

Michelle,

Hope you have a great time at the redneck riviera, nobody deserves this break more than you. 😉  A couple of good friends getting a little crazy on the beach sounds like just what the doctor ordered, just let me know if you need to be bailed out of anywhere. :roll-laugh:

Pictures, please from you too.

Take care…..kim

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ Mom's Dr. is quitting his practice…’ is closed to new replies.