Home Forums General Discussion MMS (Miracle Mineral Supplement)

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

[user=465]Jo[/user] wrote:

MMS (Miracle Mineral Supplement)

I've seen this mentioned many times, I didn't trust the web site at all. I've been searching for the truth about it ever since.  I think I've finally found it.  

Thought I would throw it out there for anyone else who was curious.

From the way it works to the dose and even the claims – all are identical to 35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide.  (AKA HYDROGEN DIOXIDE)

I don't know what they've done to it to be able to call it a mineral supplement, but I think it has to be an adulterated version of the food grade hydrogen peroxide, which is tons cheaper by the way, and has research articles that back up it's claims.

I was at a Yule gathering and a woman was telling me about how her doctor rx'd food grade hydrogen peroxide to cure her systemic yeast infection.  I looked it up, and a light bulb went off  in the back of my mind.

Anyone else think this is it?

Jo, a longtime AP patient/leader has helped educate me a bit about it.  This was one of the links received:  http://www.miraclemineral.org/aboutauthor.php

[Corrected word: dioxide] I believe it is “sodium dioxide”, and is used in many places/countries for making water fit to drink.  And now, used in many poor countries where malaria is rampant.  It is my understanding (loosely) that it addresses only properties that are more acidic than those in the body, and MMS is said not to disturb other things, with the residue from what is dissolved being excreted.  Go figure!  

AF 

linda
    Participant

isn't there a combination of peroxide and rubbing alcohol (diluted) used to prevent swimmers ear?

Mumof3
    Participant

I was just reading about MMS and was about to post. Then I remembered someone posted recently. Did anyone try this? It is mentioned in a “Scleroderma Defeated” report that I received. The web-site looks a bit dicey so I don't want to try it unless I know someone had success with it.

Thanks

stillthe1
    Participant

Well, I wasn't going to comment, but the more I read the various comments, the more I realized I need to say something.  For the past 3 wks I've been not only just reading, but studying as best I can about the MMS, and it just happened to be referred to as the Miracle Mineral Supplement, but Mr. Humble would rather it was referred to as a Modern Medical Solution.  It's actually chlorine dioxide once the sodium chlorite (not to be confused with sodium chloride), is mixed with citric acid.  It is not hydrogen peroxide.  There's a very specific way it must be mixed prior to ingestion, and when adhered to, appears to not have any serious side affects.  We can't say that about most all of what big Pharma pushes on us for RA, can we?

I'll just leave it at this:  until you read the Part I and Part II, 3rd edition, and watch some YouTube interviews with doctors and with Jim Humble himself, you just may be getting some erroneous information from other sources.  After all, if someone hadn't kept an open mind in reference to antibiotics for RA, ie. for mycoplasma fermentans, where would we be in that respect?  I wish everyone the very best with whatever helps them with these dreadful diseases!

Laretta 

stillthe1
    Participant

Regarding MMS:  Please refer to my post earlier this evening.  I don't know enough about the  mechanics of posting to get my post to show up earlier in the thread.   I would like for others to actually dig out truths about MMS before giving their opinions.  If all you do is read a few posts here and there without digging into the book, you may not be getting the real picture.  Time will tell.

Best regards,

Laretta

spacehoppa
    Participant

Just as a quick aside, I took MMS for two months straight and it only did me good. It stopped stomach ulcer pain whilst I took it and for about 4 months after I'd stopped it. It also entirely cleared up my repeated eye infections – I was getting bloodshot and very sore eyes every few days – uveitis was the diagnosis I think (repeated courses of antibiotic eye drops had failed).

I've also used it to heal mouth ulcers and sore patches in the mouth. It works brilliantly in the mouth. I use a chlorine dioxide toothpaste called Dioxybrite(http://www.frontierpharm.com/index.html.) And I've used it on my mum's MRSA infected sores and it clears them up within days. She's had endless problems with MRSA since contracting it in hospital a few years ago after a stroke.

It also helped clear some remaining phlegm from my lungs after a bout of pneumonia. I'd love to use it on my mother in law's emphysema, but I doubt she'd take it unfortunately – a bit too out there!

It also increased my energy (at low doses) and meant that I could stop the nighttime steroids I was taking at the time. It didn't cure my arthritis, but I wonder whether prolonged low dose use might have worked better than trying to ramp up to a high dose and stopping. I am now pregnant and wanted to have a long wash out period before trying to get pregnant, so haven't touched it in over a year. But I rate this stuff, and believe that at doses of 6 drops and under, it's beneficial and quite safe.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have, but I strongly recommend a lot of reading on this subject before trying it. It's a powerful chemical, and starting slowly and mixing it correctly are imperative.

A Friend
    Participant

Ruth/Spacehoppa,

My thanks to you for your candidness about the MMS product and your experience.  This product was first brought to my attention by a very respected, AP-knowledgeable friend.  I must get back to reading and learning about it, as it's my understanding that used correctly, and at appropriate doses, it can be very therapeutic. 

Also, the toothpaste you mention is new to me.  Must look into that for sure! 

AF

Edit:  I've just been to the site of the toothpaste.  Not only do they have this product, but also products for multiple uses.  Some of these can be very important for those of us with dificient immune systems and on AP treatment.  I especially noted the fungal nail product and another specifically for acne, which some of our young (and older) family members may have.  AF

spacehoppa
    Participant

Yes, I have a few of their products. The nail treatment and a couple of the skin creams. I use the skin creams on mum's MRSA mostly, but also on my son's paronychia (infection of nail fold). It works very well, and is less hassle than mixing up the MMS.

Mumof3
    Participant

Thank you Ruth and Laretta for your posts. I will definitely look into this further and talk to my AP doctor about it.

stillthe1
    Participant

Ruth, I'm so thankful for your post!  My daughter in Florida is battling with RA, Ankylosing Spondylitis, and has been hospitalized twice in the past 6 mos. with severe systemic MRSA acquired from knee surgery about a year ago.  She's a Registered Nurse, but so sick she can barely hold a job. When I told her last weekend I'm studying MMS and briefed her on it, she encouraged me to let her know what I learn.  Firsthand experiences such as yours will certainly help!  It took me a long time to convince her about AP, and even longer for her to persuade her rheumatologist to start her on it.

Regarding MMS: Because they've been unable to interest anyone with enough $$ to fund (no doubt because it's such an inexpensive treatment and there's no millions to be made from it) double-blind studies with MMS, all the evidence currently is anecdotal, but they have tons of true-life experiences to verify its usefulness in killing L-form pathogens.

I gathered up the courage to try it.  Had it here for a few days before I could bring myself to drink it, and that was a few doses ago.  I'm hoping it will erradicate the bacteria lurking in my system causing all this pain and problems.  I don't expect “miracles” overnight, but as I posted earlier, time will tell.

I wish you the very best in every way.  Thanks again for your post that meant so much to me.

Laretta/Stillthe1

spacehoppa
    Participant

Wow Laretta, your poor daughter sounds very sick indeed. My mum had systemic MRSA too which made her very poorly until they got it under control with abx. She has been taking daily tetracycline (oddly enough – nothing to do with AP, despite the fact that she also has RA) for 5 years now.

The tetracycline seems to keep the systemic MRSA at bay well enough, but whenever she gets a wound on her foot, usually from shoes rubbing her toes, the infection comes back in the wound. She had a terrible time getting rid of some ulcers on her feet when she first contracted the bug.

Anyhow, I haven't managed to talk her into taking the MMS internally yet (don't blame her at all as it does sound a bit scary unless you do your reading), but she's nicked my chlorine dioxide cream (from the link I posted) and uses it all the time herself. And when a sore comes up initially, I go over to her house and mix up some MMS from the bottles and apply it to the wound and then wash it off a couple of minutes later. Mixing it up from the bottles is stronger I think, but they both seem to work. Basically, I don't want to allow any of her wounds to turn into big ulcers that take months (in hospital!) to heal, so I treat aggressively with the MMS solution.

Hopefully, if your daughter can be persuaded to try it internally as a drink, it will combat the MRSA systemically. I don't know whether it will eradicate it, but maybe it will with some time and patience. Certainly bringing down the bacterial load, which I'm confident it will, will make her feel a whole hell of a lot better!

I know Jim Humble says to go up to 15 drops twice daily, but I'm not convinced that at this dose the concentration isn't too high, which eventually makes you vomit. I say stick to 6 drops or less and take it over a longer period of time, maybe even with pulsed doses like AP? That's how I will be trying it when I resume after this pregnancy anyway. (If you want to take more than 6 drops, split the doses and take it several times a day instead.) Jim Humble recommends using it long term at six drops every few days, so he obviously sees the benefit of doing it this way. And this way it won't deplete you or make you sick.

Plus, recommend to your daughter that she takes some supplements, especially vitamin C (but not within 6 hours of the MMS or it will neutralise it), magnesium and a good multivitamin. I think the MMS is marvellous stuff, but all it does it kill bugs, it doesn't strengthen you in any way. You need to take supps and eat well to build yourself up at the same time.

I hope both you and your daughter have success with it! Please let us know how you get on. I agree, it's not going to be an overnight cure, but neither is AP. I do think it's worth a try though if, like me, you have longstanding disease. If you're newly diagnosed with RA, etc, I think I'd probably suggest sticking to classic AP instead as it's proven and unquestionably safe.

Best wishes, ruth

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

[user=415]spacehoppa[/user] wrote:

I know Jim Humble says to go up to 15 drops twice daily, but I'm not convinced that at this dose the concentration isn't too high, which eventually makes you vomit. I say stick to 6 drops or less and take it over a longer period of time, maybe even with pulsed doses like AP? That's how I will be trying it when I resume after this pregnancy anyway. (If you want to take more than 6 drops, split the doses and take it several times a day instead.) Jim Humble recommends using it long term at six drops every few days, so he obviously sees the benefit of doing it this way. And this way it won't deplete you or make you sick.

RBF reminds support forum participants not to make unsubstantiated statements about how medications and supplements will work for others or the way they should be used, except when quoting a resource on the subject or to relate personal experience. When quoting a resource, please identify it, so people can research for themselves.

For example:

“I say stick to 6 drops or less and take it over a longer period of time…”

“(If you want to take more than 6 drops, split the doses and take it several times a day instead.)”

“And this way it won't deplete you or make you sick.”

The above comments are unsubstantiated statements and are also prescribing. Please quote the source of this information or limit statements to what has worked for you/your loved one.

Even the prescription of what are considered to be relatively benign supplements could be dangerous. You do not know the individual situations of others, what other medications they are on and how these may interact with MMS. That is the call of a qualified medical practitioner.

Road Back Foundation

spacehoppa
    Participant

Sorry Admin, I wasn't thinking. Quite right! Please edit or remove my post if necessary.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘ MMS (Miracle Mineral Supplement)’ is closed to new replies.