Home Forums General Discussion minocycline generic?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kroot1
    Participant

Has anyone had success with the generic brand of minocin Watson?
    just started AP and thats all my pharmacy had.

help?

Kroot

Joanne NJ
    Participant

I am on the generic mino by Watson and have had very good results, started AP in Feb 2010 and have been feeling great.

Joanne

JeffN
    Participant

Yep all but a couple of months of my AP I have been on Watson. I feel my result has been very good. From what I read here the general consensus is that Teva and Watson are the favorite generics. The pharm. gave me Ranbaxy a couple of months and I feel the Watson was defintely easier on my stomach but that is just my experience.

tiffany
    Participant

For Kroot1:  There is a website I found that has patient testimonials reference minocyclene.

Title: Minocin for Treatment of RA..What Brands to Get and How Much to Pay

Lists minocyclene availability internationally

Gives manufacturer, sender(user of drug), date, reported results.

According to this chart at this website Watson (generic) works okay, Teva (generic) works okay and Ranbaxy (generic) works okay.

Triax is not one of the listed minos but I know it works okay as well since its the real thing and not a generic.  Only problem is it's hugely expensive.

In my area of Texas (small town NW of San Antonio, Watson mino costs $76.98 for 100 caps, 50 mg each.

Hope this helps. 

Tiffany
    😀

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Tiffany – would you check that link you provided? It seems to be an online gambling site and no Minocin details available there. Thank you. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

tiffany
    Participant

Have done.  See below link.  Sometimes RA stops your brain from working as it should.  I apologize profusely for the error:

http://www.tmgp.com/minocin.htm

tested it out again just now and worked.  The lisiting of the drugs is somewhat “down the page” from the top banner.

Addition:  I can certainly say that there is not a member of this site who has not been helpful in some way in my quest for info on mino and RA.  All just wonderful people and have been blessed to have signed up for this RBF site. 

It's been a wonderful training site with all the comments from the users and all comments/information has been extremely helpful.  Haven't started the abx yet but my rheumatologist in SA says he would support me but not do the abx with me so I've an integrative med doctor in Kerrville that said she'd do it and of course I'm responsible for training her (she's young so should be maleable in that regard).

I've, it turns out (by all I've read), have a “mild” RA problem so abx should work okay or quickly (fingers crossed here).  All tests for all sorts of stuff ((hypothroidism, streptobacillus, yeast infection) came out normal.  But from what I've read, a lot of those tests do.  Prior to abx, now weaning myself off Placquenil (I'm not sure it did anything anyway except make my left ear buzz loudly).  Not sure what to do about the MTX stuff and will ask my rheumy on Aug. 4 what he thinks and hopefully I'll get some sort of positive answer (fingers crossed again).  Am now taking a whole lot of Turmeric (Organic India) to deal with the aches and pains and it really does work for me anyway. 

I know I haven't been on here in a while and it's because I was reading, researching and learning from y'all.

Tiffany
    :headbang:

PS: Love your Emoticons…some of them are SO appropriate!

Dan_M
    Participant

[user=2582]kroot1[/user] wrote:

Has anyone had success with the generic brand of minocin Watson?
    just started AP and thats all my pharmacy had.

help?

Kroot

My son has been on Teva brand for quite a while and a few weeks ago we switched to Watson. No problems whatsoever.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ minocycline generic?’ is closed to new replies.