Home Forums General Discussion Minocycline efficacy on facial/mouth changes SD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Drey90
    Participant

I have been dealing with Scleroderma symptoms for nearly 10 years now. The symptoms are annoying and psychologically fatiguing to say the least. I noticed for around 10 years since I was a teen that my mouth/lips always remained open, so I went into an orthodontist, got my teeth fixed, and nothing changed. My mouth looks like a stroke victims and has actually become more deformed and open the last couple of months. My main question is have people on minocycline, seen their facial/lips changes reversed, or once the damage is done that’s it?

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Drey,

You mentioned:

My mouth looks like a stroke victims and has actually become more deformed and open the last couple of months.

How long have you been taking huge doses of vitamin D?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Drey90
    Participant

Maybe a couple months, not too long. I was low in vitamin D as well. My mouth just looks deformed, in comparison to when I was completely healthy. I hate the fact that I have to force my lips closed, or else my teeth show.

Maz
    Keymaster

My mouth looks like a stroke victims and has actually become more deformed and open the last couple of months. My main question is have people on minocycline, seen their facial/lips changes reversed, or once the damage is done that’s it?

Hi Drey,

If you run a forum search using key terms like, “scleroderma mouth skin tightening,” you will find many posts describing people’s progress on AP. Patient experiences shared here seems to demonstrate that it takes time to slow the freight train, but once progression has stopped, improvements begin to occur, like skin softening. Permanent damage can also occur if disease has been longstanding, like teeth moving. There are some really descriptive posts about this so it’s worth browsing the old posts.

Did your doctor recommend Vit K2 along with your Vit D3?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.