Home Forums General Discussion minocycline availability

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

Hi June,
    @June3443 wrote:

I just got pelleted capsules of aknemin minocycline (which is manufactured in Germany) from Northwestpharmacy.com in Canada. I paid $165 for 112 capsules of 100 mg. I thought the source was going to be from the UK, but the capsules seem to be the original minocin and not the powdered generic.

It’s either Aknemin or Minocin– it can’t be both. Even though Aknemin is pelleted, it is not identical to Minocin.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

PhilC
    Participant

@Krys wrote:

@June3443 wrote:

… I had a hard time finding Watson.

CostCo started carrying Watson’s Minocycline about a couple months ago.

The last time I checked, the local CVS/pharmacy carried Watson minocycline. The local Walgreens carries Teva. Both can also get some other kinds of generic mino in tablet form.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

June3443
    Participant

Thanks, Phil. Will the pelleted version be better than the powdered? Are Minocin and Aknemin name brands of minocycline like Teva and Randbaxy are brand names of generic minocyclne in the powdered form?

I think I read a post saying the pelleted minocyclne is broken down in the intestines and the powdered is broken down in tbe stomach. I was hoping the pelleted version would be better.

I couldn’t take the Teva brand because of severe ringing in my ears. I couldn’t get Watson at Walmart where we get our prescriptions so have been on Ranbaxy for over a year and still have a slight ringing n my ears and a lot of discoloration on my ankles.

June3443
    Participant

We spend our Winters in Florida and summers in Arkansas so try to use Walmart pharmacy so we can get our prescriptions filled no matter where we are. The other pharmacies won’t let you transfer out of state and back into another state without approval from your doctor

I checked the Walmart, cvs, Walgreens and Target here in Florida. The only one that would get Watson for me was Target and couldn’t be sure they would continue carrying it.

We don’t have Cosco near us here or in Arkansas. Living in a mostly rural state like Arkansas limits our options. I have not had a lot of success with mail order prescription because of our traveling, but am going to try it with the minocycline if it proves to be better.

It seems most of the big box pharmacies are going to Ranbaxy.

Thank you for your input, Phil.

June3443
    Participant

Phil, I have no knowledge of the tablet form of minocycline. Would it be harder on my stomach?

PhilC
    Participant

Hi June,
    @June3443 wrote:

Phil, I have no knowledge of the tablet form of minocycline. Would it be harder on my stomach?

No, the tablets shouldn’t be harder on the stomach.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.