Home Forums General Discussion minocycline availability

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    lov4life
    Participant

I guess my former message didn’t garner me results so I will try again. Does anyone know of a source for the pure form on Minocycline in either Canada or the USA? What about any other country…Mexico?? I am desperate for some info..could someone point me in the right direction?

Jacqs

notabene
    Participant

Lov4life – I buy generic Watson minocycline from CVS in the US. Not too expensive, as least not compared with Triax Minocin. My Mexican friend says that you now need a prescription for antibiotics in Mexico. I’ve had no problem with the minocycline, and it certainly seems to be effective. Good luck.

richie
    Participant

Hi–Sent a pm to you –to clarify –virtually any druggist in the US can order the branded minocin for you –Sometimes the big chains cant due to internal limitations –any independent can certainly get it for you —
    richie

lov4life
    Participant

My daughter’s friend just spend 2 years in Mexico, and I just spoke with her. She said you can virtually any drug in Mexico without a prescription and she just returned…Could things have just changed within the last few months??

Jacqs

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

There should be a few different generics available in Canada. Call a few pharmacies and ask them to tell you what kinds of minocycline capsules they carry. Also ask them if they have minocycline tablets. If so, ask them what kind they are. Report back here with your findings.

Are you currently taking Minocin or any form of minocyline?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Teva generic minocycline work just fine for me.

kater
    Participant

Phil
    you recently asked me about Ratio minocyline (generic company) in Canada. I haven’t made a lot more calls yet but haven’t come across Ratio or PMS brand, I did however find a Ratio product in my cupboard when I was cleaning today. I was 2 years old so while we obviously did have Ratio products in Canada, I am not sure if we still do. I will check with that particular pharmacy next time I am in there. The hunt is on. 😀
    thanks for all your work on this
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

richie
    Participant

Hi Teva acquired Ratiopharm –
    richie

notabene
    Participant

lov4life – My friend just returned from Mexico two weeks ago. She said that antibiotics specifically needed a prescription, and has been true since 2009-2010. I’ll ask further when we have lunch next week.

Denyse
    Participant

You can just bring an empty prescription bottle for MINOCIN over to mexico and that is all the proof you need to get Brand name in a tablet form. Just depends on where you live or if you have friends close enough to Mexico. They range around $200.00 for 460 tablets.

CANADIAN LIVING IN CANADA
    Diagnosis/ Diffuse Scleroderma since 05/2006
    Current Meds: Methotrexate, Minocin, Zantac, Rabeprozale, Zopiclone
    Current Supp: Nattokinase, Serrapeptase, COQ10, Milk Thistle, Folate,, B12, D3, Melissa, UP4 probiotics, N-A-C
    medical MJ
    Current Extras: FIR

June3443
    Participant

I just got pelleted capsules of aknemin minocycline (which is manufactured in Germany) from Northwestpharmacy.com in Canada. I paid $165 for 112 capsules of 100 mg. I thought the source was going to be from the UK, but the capsules seem to be the original minocin and not the powdered generic.

I found a website most helpful in learning about the history of minocin. It is http://www.tmgp.com/minocin.htm.

I had been taking Ranbaxy but wanted to see if I can tell a difference on the pelleted version. Of course, my insurance won’t pay for the medicine, but if I can take less and do better or as well, it may be worth it. I had a hard time finding Watson. One Target store carries it, but am not sure all Target stores are the same. I found all Walmart pharmacies are not the same as of now anyway.

cookie
    Participant

I recently tried to get non generic Minocycline in Ontario but was told that it is no longer available. Only generic brands are available and have been for awhile.

Regards

Cookie

Diagnosed with RA in 2005. Taking minocycline M W F. Taking B vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, vit E, calcium, vit D, DHEA, zinc, magnesium taurine, curcumin, msm, GLA, vitamin C, glutathione capsules. Using topical ointments for pain such as Voltaren. Drinking lactose free milk, eating lean meat such as chicken and fruits and veggies. Exercising 3 times a week.
    My side effects of mino are hyperpigmentation of my face/neck and darkening of my gums and whites of eyes which is very distressing. Diagno

Krys
    Participant

@June3443 wrote:

… I had a hard time finding Watson.

CostCo started carrying Watson’s Minocycline about a couple months ago.
    The price for 60 (that includes the discount of CoctCo Member Rx Plan) is $37.17
    However, like Target, the individual CostCo pharmacies do their own orders through different distributors and both the brands and the prices may considerably differ.

Walmart used to carry Teva. I think someone posted on RBF that they carry now a pelleted version.
    Krys

Getting it through Mexico sounds fabulous!

June3443
    Participant

I think if you can find a pelleted minocycline, it will be manufactured by the old patent. The capsules I got from the Canada pharmacy was shipped from the UK. The manufacturer was in Germany. My capsules came in the original packaging.I think the name of the minocycline is different in each country. In germany it is called Aknemin. There is the pelleted version in tbe USA but is it very expensive. Go to this web page and it explains about brand name minocin (pelleted) and generic minocycline (powdered) http://www.tmgp.com/minocin.htm.

June3443
    Participant

There have been some earlier posts about getting minocycline from Mexico. I would go back and read those posts before I got the minocycline from there. You can look them up in the search window above.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.