Home Forums General Discussion Minocycline and stomach pain

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    thekux
    Participant

I was diagnosed with undifferentiated connective tissue disorder been taking minocycline since June 2019. Last 2 weeks my stomach as been sour, dealing with indigestion. I been taking probiotics along with the meds since I started it. I’m on other meds dealing with the bad stomach not having much effect. Should I stop the minocycline and see if that corejects my stomach?

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

I’m on other meds dealing with the bad stomach not having much effect.

What are those other medications? Do you take your minocycline with food or on an empty stomach?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi thekux,

In addition to Phil’s line of reasoning…e.g., pain meds, other DMARDs?

Can you describe the type of stomach pain you’re experiencing? None of us are medical professionals but others here have managed to find helpful supps to ease/correct these types of symptoms. A young gent here (Vincenzo) recently described similar so should have good input for you.

Any chance you’ve recently changed mino brands? Are you taking probiotics with your mino or with a 2-3 hr window? Are you taking it with a full glass of water and sitting upright after for a good hr or so?

Vincentpre23
    Participant

Hi theroux,

I had very bad stabbing stomach pains that came on very suddenly after 4 months of Minocin. Ultimately had to take a month break which caused my rheumatic symptoms to reappear but I was able to work the dose back up slowly to 200 mg . During the break I did a few things and I’m not sure what worked in the end. I took activated charcoal in pill form for 2 weeks, drank aloe vera juice, took slippery elm pills, and digestive bitters. When i started taking minocin again I took it with food and several hours away from sleep. I did find that the medication didn’t work as well for me when I took it with food so I started taking it one hour away. Its a balancing act and I hope my stomach doesn’t mess up again. You should taper back the dose or you can even take 1 week off and see if that helps reset the system. My doc also told me to utilize Alka seltzer gold in the future. I also like to eat a bowl of warm oatmeal in the morning to help coat the stomach and drink coconut milk as well. Hope you are able to figure it out. Just know that even if you do have to take a break there is a good chance you can start back up on it.

4/19 symptoms onset
    UCTD , 1:40 ANA Speckled, Now negative
    Mycoplasma P IGG IGM, EBV, HSV1, Igenix Bartonella IGG
    Doxycycline 100mg b.i.d. , Bactrim ds 960 mg b.i.d. , Biodisrupt, fluconazole 100mg q.d , Monolauren, Visbiome probiotic 112.5b b.i.d ,B-complex, Vitamin D , Quercetin, saccharomyces boulardii, raw garlic , paleo, WHM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.