Home Forums General Discussion minocin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jan h. pm crest
    Participant

I have SD, PM and the rest (CREST) with interstitial lung disease

I have been on AP therapy for almost 7 years and doing pretty good. I am now having trouble getting 'minocin'. I ordered it 1 week ago and its still on backorder with the pharmacutical company. I was able to locate 10 pills in another adjoining town, but am now really worried I'm not going to be able to get very many more if any at all.  I was told it was being discontinued.  One of the pharmacists I talked to said that “vectrin” is suppose to be exactely like it. Can snyone give me any information on alternatives or what exactly I need to do, I'm really scared.  Everything improved on AP – better than ever expected. Even my lungs improved.  what do I need to do?

I havent kept up with the BB for years (have checked in time to time) and don't know if this subject has been covered. So if anyone can enlighten me it would be immensely appreciated. :crying:

jan h.

Rose
    Participant

Jan,   Go to buylowdrugs.com its in Canada, which is where I had to go when my insurance company wanted to up my co-pay to $600.  You will need a prescription from your doctor, Family doctor will do.   Rose

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Jan,

I live in CT and also order my Minocin from buylowdrugs.com in Canada. It takes about 10 days from placing your faxed order to receiving it, but a number here use this online pharmacy and the general feeling is that they are trustworthy and provide good customer service.

The brand to order is “Stiefel,” which is exactly the same as the Wyeth brand here in the US, only the capsules are not green, but a two-toned purple and orange and should read, “Stiefel Minocin,” on the side.

If you can get a script for 100 caps “Brand name only,” there should be no problem with your order and it will come in the sealed manufacturer's bottle. Smaller amounts need to be divided, so I just prefer to get the sealed bottle as it's going in the mail.

If you order this way, don't be freaked if you get a red label from border control stuck on it saying that the FDA doesn't approve of imported drugs. It's kind of ironic, considering it's a fraction of the cost of US Wyeth Minocin and the exact same medicine. Also, if they do get nasty and seize your packet, you'll get a note about it. This happened to Cheryl F once, but she called buylowdrugs and they just sent a new batch straight away.

The history of how Minocin became so expensive in the US is pretty interesting, if you've got the time to read the following discussion thread to learn more about this.

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=336&forum_id=1&highlight=brand+minocycline+reputable

All the best!

Peace, Maz

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

The problem with Minocin supplies has been reported from time to time over the past couple of year (maybe before, but that was before my time).  We have never had an issue getting the brand Mino here in Northern California.  Sometimes they might only have 10 pill in stock at the pharmacy that we go to, but they always get the remained in within a day or two.

I have come to the conclusion that this may be a regional issue, I wouldn't worry about the long term availability of the Mino.

Cheryl Ferguson

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ minocin’ is closed to new replies.