Home Forums General Discussion Minocin since 2002

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    angel7
    Participant

Hello.  I have not been on this site for years now since I started Minocin in 2002 and have been living a normal life.  I still have issues and some pain, but nothing like I did before I found this therapy.  I still remember the day I found the book, The New Arthritis Breakthrough by Henry Scammel.  In the library, the book was on the shelf by itself, no other books around it so it was meant for me to find.  I had found out about the web site, was reading the book and at the time, was in touch with a lady named Marge Corteigo, something like that.  I will never forget her because she is the one who helped me and led me to a Dr. near Cleveland Ohio who has been a God send for me since this dr. started me on the antibiotic therapy.  I am so greateful and thankful.  I am going through a  bit of a flare at this time because I have not been on Minocin as regular as before.  I paid for the drug myself from the start because not alot of doctors believe in this therapy but I know that taking a mere 3-6 pills a week of 100 mg. Mincin verses God knows what drugs and pain killers I would be on otherwise has kept me on this therapy.  Keeping tabs on my bloodwork and counts I have always done.  What worries me is not having it or not being able to be on this drug forever.  Trying to find info. on how Dr. says wheat products and corn products very bad for inflammation.  The diet thing is very hard for me as I am 53 years old and grew up all my life eating foods that I should no longer consume.  I try to limit myself to red meat, I eat alot of ground turkey, chicken and fish.  Well, I am rambling on.   Newbies, never give up.  I did not and still will not and will fight to stay on this therapy verses pain meds.  For me, this keeps my inflammation down and lets me live a more normal life.  Take Care and God Bless, Angel7:roll-laugh:

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Angel,

Welcome! Sorry to hear you are in somewhat of a flare, but we are glad you are here and sharing your inspiring story. Marge is no longer associated with the Road Back Foundation, but is still doing well and helping people along their road back to health, her group's website site is http://www.rheumaticsupport.net. I am sure that she would love to hear from you.

You will find many discussions about issues such as wheat sensitivities and how they impact your immune health.

Again, welcome, we're glad your back.

Cheryl Ferguson

angel7
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Cheryl.  I also have Fibromyalgia.  I went crazy going from doctor to doctor trying to figure out what was going on with me.  I went through alot of depression and pain and felt so alone for a long time because family, including my husband did not really understand what I was going through.  I think they thought for sure I was on verge of a nervous breakdown.  He did however take me to many doctors.  Thanks for letting me know about Marge.  Take Care.  I am on my daughter's computer so I don't have daily access but will try to get on when I can.:)

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Angel17 – welcome back! One of the most respected AP docs in the U.S. has written extensively about celiac syndrome – different to celiac disease in that it is a sensitivity to gluten, not an allergy. If you go to her website http://www.drrima.com you will find put more or you can go straight to her East Texas Gluten Intolerance Group site: http://www.easttexasgig.org/

As far as I know from my own AP Doc, sensitivities are quite individualised. I am okay with corn, for instance. You could consider some tests – or you may even have developed your own innate knowledge about what your body reacts to. Two sensitivties that my AP doc says are pretty widespread and should be avoided/reduced in the diet are: sulphites and salicylates.

In terms of 'not being on this drug forever', many people stay on a low maintenance dose for many years, with few, if any, problems. Dr Brown did state in the book that it may be wise to rotate the drug every 4 to 5 years, so you could discuss with your doctor maybe rotating to doxycycline for around 6 months. Also, many people buy their mino through a Canadian online pharmacy http://www.buylowdrugs.com – where they pay a very great deal less. They report great service also.

Sorry to hear that you've been so alone in all this. Even though you do not have daily access to a computer, please call in when you can. There are a great group of exceptionally supportive and well-informed people here. Best, Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

angel7
    Participant

Thanks so much Lynnie.  I did send an email to Marge.  Will try to drop in from time to time to see how everyone is doing.  My message to all, especially newbies, do not give up.  I try to let everyone know about the therapy since I began mine.  Had a family member with RA who started on the minocin but do not believe that she stuck with it enough to give it a chance.  Don't know how much faith and faithfulness she put into it.  I think I felt from the start that I knew it would help me and that I refused to give up and be on so many other drugs.  Thankfully and am so grateful the way I have been helped by this therapy.  Take Care and God Bless and keep you all.  Love and Blessings, Angel7

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Angel – I believe you have hit the nail on the head there!

[/color]I felt exactly the same way as you when I started. I think knowing what to expect, especially in terms of herxing and the necessity of tweaking the regime to suit the individual are key factors in staying the course with this approach. Plus, accepting that this is a slow road to wellness, not a fast, feel-better-now fix. Not everyone seems able to do this. So glad that you did. Stay well and call by again soon. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

tbird2340
    Participant

Angel, I am in Ohio too.. Are you going to Dr. T?

Thanks, Tom

A Friend
    Participant

[user=1300]angel7[/user] wrote:

Hello.  I have not been on this site for years now since I started Minocin in 2002 and have been living a normal life.  I still have issues and some pain, but nothing like I did before I found this therapy.  I still remember the day I found the book, The New Arthritis Breakthrough by Henry Scammel.  …… I am going through a  bit of a flare at this time because I have not been on Minocin as regular as before.  I paid for the drug myself from the start because not alot of doctors believe in this therapy but I know that taking a mere 3-6 pills a week of 100 mg. Mincin verses God knows what drugs and pain killers I would be on otherwise has kept me on this therapy.  …..Trying to find info. on how Dr. says wheat products and corn products very bad for inflammation.  The diet thing is very hard for me as I am 53 years old and grew up all my life eating foods that I should no longer consume……. I did not and still will not and will fight to stay on this therapy verses pain meds.  For me, this keeps my inflammation down and lets me live a more normal life.  Take Care and God Bless, Angel7:roll-laugh:

Angel7,

The following link/article by a lady physician in Texas caught my attention just this morning.  After reading your post, I felt this information in today's Know the Cause Newsletter just may be very helpful to you.  The best of luck to you!  AF

http://www.knowthecause.com/NewsLetterArticles/tabid/69/newsid449/114/Thank-Goodness-for-Mom/Default.aspx

“We know that there is a fungal link to depression. I believe it all starts in the gastrointestinal tract with fungal overgrowth (leaky gut). This leads to poor absorption of nutrients and decreased vitamin production. The result of this is a relative vitamin deficiency. I also believe that it affects serotonin production (although I do not have any studies to prove this).

“Aflatoxin is a mycotoxin produced by the mold Aspergillus.2 It is often found in peanuts and white or yellow corn. Aspergillus can attack the corn in the field and result in production of aflatoxin prior to harvest. Acute aflatoxin poisoning can cause vomiting, abdominal pain, cerebral edema, convulsions, coma and death. Chronic aflatoxin exposure leads to a high risk of developing liver cancer and suppression of the immune system. This mycotoxin is a recognized as a worldwide problem.

“With regard to Mr. May, I feel certain that he had some degree of gastrointestinal fungal overgrowth; most people do unless they make a deliberate effort to correct this problem by diet and supplements. I also believe he had acute aflatoxin poisoning. This precipitated the downward spiral of symptoms as a result of fungal dysbiosis and traditional medical treatment with antidepressants.” [end of excerpt]

Besides this excerpt, it is suggested that you read to the end of the article.  AF

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Minocin since 2002’ is closed to new replies.