Home Forums General Discussion Minocin making me sick?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heidi
    Participant

Hi,

I've been on AP since July but just switched to name brand Minocin 100 mg 2x a day about 3 weeks ago. The last week or so I've been very nauseous and the back of one knee is swollen. Could this be from the change of generic to name brand? Should I stop and start to pulse MWF? I just don't want to feel sick all the time:crying: I felt like I was doing well before. Oh, I also take probiotics everyday too. I don't know what to do.

Thank you, Heidi

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Heidi,

The nausea is quite common, here the the things people usually post that they did to abate the problem.

Take with some food
    Talk to your doctor about lowering the dose, then build up as you can tolerate it

These two things have been reported by patients who sucessfully dealt with the problem of being nauseous from the minocin.

Good luck, others will certainly chime in on this subject.  Also, do a search on this board to see other recent posts on this very subject.  The Search Box is in the top center of the page.

Cheryl

Take with food, but of course avoid dairy products.  I believe recommendations are no dairy products 2 hours before/after bec it affects absorption.  May need to wait longer if have decreased stomach emptying

Heidi
    Participant

Thank you, I already don't do dairy, red meat and low gluten. I'll definetly try to eat a bit with it and see if that helps. It lasts all day which kind of stinks. Oh well. Thank you for your help!

Heidi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Minocin making me sick?’ is closed to new replies.