Home Forums General Discussion Mino and antifungal – what is the relationship again?

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Just started AP.  I totally heard everything the doctor said but, now I can't remember what the relationship was and why I am taking both.  I'm also on a probiotic and B12 injections.  He did mention leaky gut with me.  I have been battling continious UTI's before I was diagnosed with RA and throughout, could this be the reason?  I have stopped my methotraxate totally.  He asked me to stop the antiflammatory but, I haven't been able to do that yet and function in the morning.  I've still been taking them at night just so I can get up in the morning.  I did however, lower my dose back to one pill instead of 2.  Hoping that someday i can get rid of the 1 pill. 

Thanks!

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=269]Andrea[/user] wrote:

I totally heard everything the doctor said but, now I can't remember what the relationship was and why I am taking both. 

Hi Andrea,

Antibiotics reduce the bacteria in the gut (both the good and bad fauna). Normally, this is all kept in a kind of symbiotic balance with the flora in the gut, but when the bacteria are reduced, the flora tend to gain the upper hand…namely, candida. Therefore, the antifungal is to control the candida and the probiotics are to replace the good bacteria lost in the gut due to the antibiotic. Hope this makes sense…more below… 

I have been battling continious UTI's before I was diagnosed with RA and throughout, could this be the reason? 

Yes, very possibly…check out the work of a guy called “Ebringer” and “Proteus Mirabilis” infection online and its connection to RA. Also, if you drop a private message to Dragonslayer, he has kindly offered to send Ebringer's research to anyone who is interested. 

Peace, Maz

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Mino and antifungal – what is the relationship again?’ is closed to new replies.