Home Forums General Discussion Milestone for me

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mschmidt
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share what I consider a major milestone for me, and I'm just SO excited at the moment that I want to cry.  I went for my usual walk this afternoon, and I decided, since I felt so good, and I just bought a brand new pair of running shoes, that I would TRY to run 1/2 mile.  I returned to the place along the lake where I used to run 40+ miles every week, just for inspiration.  I avoided it last year because I wasn't able to bring myself to going there–way too depressing.  Well, I DID it!!  I ran slowly but I DID IT!!:roll-laugh:  I had my phone with me, and took a picture of myself just to capture the smile on my face afterwards.  Some perspective, for the newcomers on here who are wondering if ABX works:  I was having trouble comfortably getting out of bed 1 year ago!  Here's to MANY more milestones for everyone…

Maria

Parisa
    Participant

Congratulations!  Thanks for sharing!

Randy
    Participant

Maria.

Awesome news!  Thanks for sharing it.  Keep it going now.

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

That is just great Maria and thank you for sharing. It gives so much hope to others to hear good news like yours. Way to Go! Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Christina V
    Participant

Maria, thank you for sharing your joy with us all.  We all rejoice with you.  It is truly inspiring for those of us who have not yet started the abx.  Thank you so much, I can't wait for my treatment to start.

kindest regards, Christina V

Kim
    Participant

Ahhhhh, summer on the lakefront in Chicago is so much fun.  You see everything, like a goofy girl taking pictures of herself. :roll-laugh:

You know I'm joking and share in your joy.  It is a milestone, congratulations. :blush:

kim

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Maria–

Those incremental milestones are just the best.  I've been journaling my recovery and the milestones are a huge incentive to keep me going.

Congratulations,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

MaryP
    Participant

Congratulations and continued success!

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=977]mschmidt[/user] wrote:

I had my phone with me, and took a picture of myself just to capture the smile on my face afterwards. 

Maria, have to admit, Kim is right…that's pretty goofy and had me really hooting, but can only imagine your sheer joy!!! Is there any way to upload that pic for us to see? I'd love to see that joy on your face!!! YAY for you – so happy to hear your news! 😀 You're such a light here, Maria. I bet you're one of those very special teachers who inspires their kids in so many ways.

Peace, Maz

jlc6166
    Participant

That is awesome!!! I know Jennifer sure misses running by the lake in Chicago.  She is now able to run by the ocean in Virginia Beach and is doing a good bit of that.

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

You go girl!!  Every improvement is cause for rejoicing.

Now, just to warn you, the setbacks that are a normal part of the healing process are doubly devastating after you experience improvement like this.  So just be aware that the setback is normal and TEMPORARY.  In my first year of recovery, the setbacks were frequent.  I felt it was 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

The next year, improvement really progressed and nowadays, I often go so long without symptoms I almost (not quite) forget I am sick.

Hopefully, your improvement will be even swifter!

Susan

SusanSD
    Participant

Woohoo Maria! It's sooo nice to experience REAL improvements – the kind that lab tests cannot predict but are the essential meaningful pieces of our lives.

Enjoy the even better days to come!:D

m.
    Participant

Maria, that's great! It IS a milestone. Enjoy, enjoy!

Have you considered switching to biking? You can tear down that lakefront, and save the pounding on your joints.

I used to run before kids, and have since switched, happily, to biking.

JOJO19551
    Participant

Maria, what wonderful news!  I can only imagine what a big smile you had.  You are right, AP does work!  JoAnnb

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ Milestone for me’ is closed to new replies.