Home Forums General Discussion Metrolink Train Crash

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I know our bulletin boards addresses AP, but I just wanted to request you keep the victims and their families/friends in your thoughts and prayers.  The Metrolink commuter train crash that occurred Friday afternoon in LA county killed at least 18, 85 in critical condition, and they're trying to pull the wreckage apart now to pull more bodies out from under the overturned train.  I take that train almost daily to my dr's appts, errands, etc.  It is an absolutely beautiful, comfortable, tranquil trainride, with comfortable cushioned seats, tables, etc.  It hit a cargo train head on after it left my train depot in Chatsworth.  I always see the cargo train in the mornings at the Chatsworth depot chugging along in the opposite direction.  There's a parallel track that they're supposed to be on when the commuter train comes through.  This is just awful…  the majority of the riders were regular, daily commuters from downtown LA who sat together, talked about their day, shared jokes, political debates.  They only had one more stop before the end of the line, and they would have been home with their loved ones for the weekend… 

Goodwife
    Participant

Annie,

After hearing about the crash on the news, I just thought how awfully terrible for those poor people and families – I am in PA and have never been to CA, but you put a human face to the tragedy that I heard only from a news report.  I am sorry for the loss and if you had any friends/acquaintances who lost their lives, I am sorry.

orchid
    Participant

This is the first I've heard of the crash. How terrible! All of the victims and families are in my thoughts. 🙁

Jan Lucinda
    Participant

I'm in So. CA and following the news.  Praying for all families, firemen and medical personnel.

Jan Lucinda
    Participant

Still praying for the victims.

A Friend
    Participant

Annie,

Thank you for sharing your personal knowledge about this train and its passengers.  They will be in the prayers of many more of us, thanks to you. 

AF

Hi all, thanks for keeping the victims and their family/friends in your prayers.  I board the train at the Chatsworth station, the last stop before the end of the line.  There's a great deal of info/controversy coming out now about running a red signal, conductors/engineer not communicating according to protocol, text messaging to teenagers one minute before the crash, a switch that should have been open…  Tomorrow I take the train to my dr's appt at USC… life goes on I guess.

Back to AP talk..  although I carry the diagnosis of sclero, the hypertrichosis, hyperhydrosis didn't fit with it.  So after further investigation, it turns out I have POEMS syndrome…  tomorrow I go in for more labwork.  This new diagnosis changes the game bec now I enter the realm of leukemias.  Apparently there's some precursor plasma cell producing some maverick B cells that are shooting antibody bullets attacking my body.  Most concerning is the demyelination to my axons, which explain my muscle weakness, ataxic gait, and maybe memory lapses.  What are the chances of getting better without chemo??

Kim
    Participant

Annie, I am so very sorry that you are getting slammed again with such worries, not to mention, more pain.  You were agressive and vowed to learn as much as you could about SD and nutrition and saw some amazing improvements.  It sounds like you will attack this much the same way by quickly learning what your options are and finding the right doctors for you.

Please know there are lots of your buddies here wishing you the best and will help any way we can.

Take care……kim

JBJBJB
    Participant

Annie,

I will be thinking of you for your tomorrow's lab work. Keep us all posted. Prayers and positive energy are sent your way.

JB

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ Metrolink Train Crash’ is closed to new replies.