Home Forums General Discussion methotrexate and minocycline

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kasdance
    Participant

ANyone begin their AP treatments while still on methotrexate. Dr S says its ok to stay on and then wean off. I'm just curious if anyone else successfully did this!!!

Than kyou,
    Kristin

marg
    Participant

Kristin, my daughter was on MTX for 3 months for severe RA, stopped when she started Minocin as her rheumy would not prescribe both together ( which is not to say they couldn't be taken together – I think her rheumy believed initially that the Minocin would not work).

My daughter had excellent results for her RA and did not miss the MTX. This may not be the same for everyone. I'm sure others will tell you their experiences.

Betty S
    Participant

Just saw your post today as I was browsing the board.  I don't check it everyday.  I started methotrexate well before abx and am still on it.   Have been on both for about 1 year 7 or 8 months.  I have an AP doc and a Rheumatologist.  Both have told me to stay on MTX along with the Minocin  (100 Mg twice a day M, W, F, and Sat.).  I take the Folic Acid daily which goes along with taking MTX  and have not had any side effects at all.  I had alot of inflammation going on at one time and the MTX, I believe, helped to control it so the abx could work.  I am now doing sooooo well!!!  I just went to see my Rheumatologist yesterday and he is impressed.  I asked him if I could  try reducing my MTX to 4 a week instead of 6 as I would like to get off of it eventually.  He told me to give it a go, but if I should start to flare – go back up to 6 a week. 

Betty

Parisa
    Participant

Betty,

That's great!  Good luck on reducing your methotrexate!

APbeliever
    Participant

I was on MTX for five months before I stared on Minocin. I was on MTX and on Mino together for three weeks when I had a spontaneous remission from all pain. Ah! I miss those three wonderful weeks now. I wish I had stayed on that regimen but I chickened out when I saw Dr F's instructions on roadback group not to take them together due to drug toxicity issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ methotrexate and minocycline’ is closed to new replies.