Home Forums General Discussion Methotrexate and Minocin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lolamitch
    Participant

Is anyone currently taking Methotrexate along with Minocin?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Welcome to the Support Forum Lolamitch! You will find some interesting discussions on this topic by using the search function above. You can type in 'methotrexate', 'methotrexate wean' and/or similar and have a look through. One interesting discussion was back in January and I'm pasting that link below. http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=1910&forum_id=1&highlight=wean+methotrexate

You can also access archived posts from the old Board from 2005- Feb 2008 by clicking on this link: https://www.roadback.org/cgi-bin/eboard30/index.cgi?board=Main and clicking on the search function that comes up to the left. Best, Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

Hi Lolamitch,

I haven't taken Methotrexate, but also wanted to welcome you to the RBF forum. 🙂

You may want to add your diagnosis to your signature line so people that share your concerns can answer.

Take care…..kim

Betty S
    Participant

I am currently on Methotrexate (2.8mg tablets 8 per week) and Minocin (200 mg MWFS).  I started MTX first when I was diagnosed Sero-Neg. RA at my Rheumatologist's office around March of 2008.  The antibiotics were started in early August of 2008 with 100 mg Doxy every day.  I was switched to Minocin with good results in Jan. 2009 by an AP Doc I started seeing at that time.  I have also taken a few Enbrel shots this year.

About mid-April I did a dumb thing.  I stopped my MTX on my own because my blood test numbers were looking so good and I was feeling improved.  Well – about 4 or 5 weeks later I had a relapse and was scolded by my AP Doc to never just stop MTX cold turkey like that.  I went back on it and still have not improved back to the level I was at in mid-April.  Lesson learned painfully.  I rocked this fragile boat I'm in a little too soon.

Betty

linda
    Participant

Everyone starts out on some kind of anti-inflammatory. The good news is that with AP many are able to discontinue (SLOWLY) the more dangerous drugs, or at least take less dangerous ones. No hope of that for most without AP. Welcome,

linda

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Methotrexate and Minocin’ is closed to new replies.