Home Forums General Discussion Meeting Maria!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Patti D
    Participant

Hi all,
    Well once again I was fortunate enough to meet another RBF friend.This morning I had the great pleasure of meeting Maria for coffee & tea in Chicago.

Thank you Maria! It was great fun and as history would have it (Kim & Trudi you know what I mean) such a wonderful part of the healing process. Our stories are individually, serious and painful, but collectively they are inspiring and encouraging.
    During our chatter a lady two tables from us leaned over to tell us she was “blogging about our beautiful conversation.” She didn't mean to hear things but was “so inspired by our building up of each other and encoragement we gave each other” during our struggles with serous health issues. She was a practicing therapist and was delighted to see this “beaufiul bond of love being shared by friends” Well I went to read the blog and it is wonderful. Little did this woman know that this was the first time Maria & I had met!! So let this be no mistake. Through this process of getting sick we have had the true blessings of meeting such wonderful people who we would never have met by either the internet or in person, had we not been seeking a shelter from the life changes we have all experienced. Something very positive out of the negative. I will take this !

Maria I am grateful that we got to meet today and am grateful that your roadback is going in the right direction! Yeah!!!
    Join us for a lunch this summer at the cottage with Trudi & Kim! Can't wait! Anyone else out there who wants to join us, come on over!

Patti

mschmidt
    Participant

Patti,

It was such a pleasure meeting with you (and your friend) today.  Although this was our first face to face meeting, the comfort level I had with you was as if I'd known you my whole life.  It's moments like these that take my breath away, and I have to stop myself and thank God for making me sick.  I know it's weird to say that but, I didn't realize the depths of love and connection I was capable of having until my life was blessed with such an amazing group of people.  If being sick meant that I would meet you, Patti–then I'm happy I am!!:D 

I would love to meet every single person on this board, and you all better watch out because I tend to travel a lot… Of course I'll be there this summer–I wouldn't miss it for anything!!

Please send me how to access her blog because I'd love to read it.  I honestly thought we were annoying her at first because she looked so focused on what she was typing.  How wonderful that she was blogging about us!

Ahhh…just another “coincidence” right?

Maria

Patti D
    Participant

Such kind words Maria!

Thank you so much and the feeling was mutual. Can't wait to share coffee & tea again. This time with warm weather, sun shining and warm hands!!!

Awe… who needs it when you have a warm heart!!!(smiley face!)

Patti

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

Awe… who needs it when you have a warm heart!!!(smiley face!)

Hiya Patti!

It was just lovely to read your message that you'd met and had such a good time with Maria today. Warmed my heart to think of you two lovely people making such a deep heartfelt connection…so much so that you caught the attention of the lady sitting near you! You two must have been exuding some special light! You both always do, though, and I feel blessed to know you both. 😀 Just wish I could meet you in person, too!

Peace, Maz

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

What a fabulous story! Isnt it funny the unexpected twists and turns that show up on this road? So glad you two had that lovely connection in person. Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

I am so excited that you two got to meet.  It's like finally meeting a pen pal that you already know, but have never met in person.  So fun!!!

Did you get a picture?

Take care…..kim

Patti D
    Participant

Thanks all for the beautiful comments.
    To people who are new to RB my hope is you connect with someone here and do have a chance to meet them in person, drop them a PM on this site or find that link to help yourself “feel better”
    Sometimes we can't help each other with the physical pain of our diseases but the emotional pain is something we can lift!

Maz,
    We will meet. I am sure of it. I look forward to that day!

Warm & squishy biddy cysta hugs
    Patti

Patti D
    Participant

Opps
    Kim,
    We took a picture in Marias car but it was pretty dark. I will see if I can get it from my girl friend as it is on her camera. If so, I will post for sure.

But being who we are, Maria and I didn't like the picture( I'm ratting us out Maria) so I was hoping no one would ask.

Dang Maria, busted.

mschmidt
    Participant

Oh Patti…TOTALLY busted! Thanks a lot:P

Maria

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Meeting fellow RBFers has also been a privelege for me.  My husband and I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Randy and his lovely wife Julie a little more than a week ago.  It was as though we had known each other. forever.  There is such a connection with others with whom we have gone through this curse and blessing with.  Yes, clearly the disease itself is a curse, but the blessings that come from that truly enrich ourlives.  I agree it sounds crazy but, particulary knowing the outcome, I have often felt blessed by the turn of events that brought scleroderma, then RBF into our lives.  We are all better off for the experience. 

I am so glad that you two had the chance to meet.  Maria, I am hoping that we can find a bicycle leg for that triathelon, Jess is ready to go.

Cheryl

Kim
    Participant

You two ARE busted!  We'll be looking forward to that picture.

Take care…..kim

p.s.  put it in the “post your picture” thread, please.

Trudi
    Participant

[user=2]Cheryl F[/user] wrote:

Yes, clearly the disease itself is a curse, but the blessings that come from that truly enrich ourlives. 

My brother had a major hemorrhagic stroke a few years back.  He was 51 years old.  He was not meant to live, but not only did he survive, he is recovering so well that he is talking about going back to work.  When we sat down recently about our respective disabilities, we talked about the good that has come from it.  It was a real eye-opener.  It really is better to count our blessings vs. dwelling on our difficulties.

Trudi

P.S.  Patti & Maria–am so glad to hear you two had a chance to meet.  This BB support group is fabulous.  Meeting one in person is like the icing on the cake.

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ Meeting Maria!’ is closed to new replies.