Home Forums General Discussion Maz – New Protocol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sfsorrels
    Participant

Maz,

You said you were on a new pulsing protocol with your LLMD.  What is the protocol?  How is it going?

Thanks!

Sandy

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Sandy,

The protocol I'm on is still the same one that's in my signature line…mino MWF 100mg twice a day and one azithromycin every 10 days. That's it, apart from a few supplements I take to help inflammation and probiotics.

This low dose, pulsed protocol is going very well. In the beginning, when I started minocin, I would feel a lot worse on dose day and better on my off days (this varies with others, though…some feel better on their mino days). Over time this has improved greatly and I now find my less good days come about 4 or 5 days after the zith dose (which I added in March), but the intensity of these herxes are lessening with time, too. 

About 3 weeks ago, though, I did have a setback. :sick: I wondered if I was flaring at the time and it was a bit unnerving after making such good progress since December….left ankle and right knee blew up and generally felt rough all over. I found it hard to put my weight on my foot to walk. However, the pain disappeared completely on the third day and just the swelling took a little longer to come down. After this bigger episode, more improvements came, so I think it was just one of those mega-herxes, as a flare probably would have just heralded worsening and lasted longer.

Thanks for your interest and kindly asking how I was doing, Sandy. How are you doing now? Making any headway?

Peace, Maz 

sfsorrels
    Participant

Maz,

I am now on the Cowden Protocol.  For the first few days, I didn't think it was doing anything.  When I increased the Cumanda to 9 drops, I had a massive herx.  Then I backed off to 5 drops bid and stayed on that dosage for a week.  I'm now up to 20 drops and will continue going up until I reach the desired 30 drops.

Recently I had a Central Florida Research DFA test run.  Even though the result was “negative,” it was still positive.  My result was 14 Bb events out of 50,000 total events.  A positive result would have been 17 Bb events.  But to me the result said I still have LD–even after 4 years of abx.

Since my WBs bands (except for a single + on 41), I'm wondering how I'll get the load down.

Sandy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Maz – New Protocol’ is closed to new replies.