Home Forums General Discussion Many things can help our body stay well or recover…AP & HCl are two of these

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

http://www.townsendletter.com/Jan2007/HCl30107.htm

From the Townsend Letter
    January 2007

Original Articles of Walter B. Guy, MD
    St. Augustine, Florida

Degenerative Disease and Its Etiology

tish
    Participant

af, i am so confused on this hcl stuff.  i understand that low acid can still make you acidified, but when i did hcl my stomach burned.  my friend said maybe it was still low, but the lining of my stomach was inflamed or harmed. does that make sense.  i want to get better, but i'm at a loss of what to do. help!

A Friend
    Participant

Tish,

The information I've read and posted about HCl has been for educating us on this subject.  It also cautioned people who have been on pain medications and have gut issues not to take HCl unless advised by a physician or healthcare provider.  Pain meds/NSAIDs taken regularly can have the gut membrane irritated and in a compromised condition. 

On the bottle of Solaray HCL with Pepsin capsules I take, there is a warning: “Caution: If you have hyper (high) acid stomach or ulcers, consult a physician before using this product.”

Tish, it sounds to me that you are one who needs to work on healing the gut membrane. A link to Dr. Leo Galland's work on gastro issues has also been posted.  There is a little white search window at the top center of the screen where you can do a search and find posts on this subject.  I'll look for a link about healing the gut and post it here. 

If you live where there is a certified clinical nutritionist or N.D., having someone like this help you with these type issues I believe could be a good thing to do.  It seems that physicians who have studied and know about complementary medicine are few and far between. 

Hope you feel better soon.

AF

PS Determining just how acidic you are might be a good place to start.  I had a hard time finding pH strips when I began looking for them, and the best ones I've found since that time have been from a Natures Sunshine dealer.  NS has an excellent handout that was given to me when I purchased them.  It is my understanding that if we are chronically ill, we are most probably pretty acidic. 

If it is determined that we are unhealthily acidic, then eating a more alkaline diet is necessary to bring us back into a balanced pH.  (Disease thrives in an acid environment — BUT THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE HAVE ENOUGH HCL — this all may have begun BECAUSE WE HAD TOO LITTLE IN THE FIRST PLACE.)  Do a search in the window at top of screen using “Acidosis” and/or  “pH” and a number of posts should show up.)  However, there are quite a number of things that may be helpful to all of us.  Many of these have been discussed in the posts on these subjects.   

When the gut lining is permeable and irritated, there are lists of suggested helps in some of the links I've read.  A search above may reveal these, too.  If not, links can be posted for you to read. 

I was in a wasting syndrome back about 1998, and it was a scary time, as I was eating a lot and had a seeming healthy diet — I was just not able to absorb most of it.  The gut lining and HCl (looking back) were no doubt the culprit.  When I began eating the plain healthstore type yogurt with flaxseed oil and ground flaxseed/probiotic powder/ a bit of healthy sweetener (Kal brand powdered stevia is now my favorite), also with fresh blueberries, peaches, or chopped apple stirred in twice daily, on a longterm basis, I gradually stopped losing weight, stabilized, and started to regain the weight I'd lost (from 92 lbs back to 115) and looking like the picture of health.  It worked for me, but this doesn't mean it will work for everyone. 

I also learned a couple of years after I'd begun the yogurt regimen that it was apparently the reason that terrible changes in my body had apparently been arrested from escalating.  (Click http://www.arthritistrust.org and then click at the top-right “Important Articles”.  In the alphabetical list of Articles, click on “Essential Fatty Acids Are Essential.”  About page 4 of this article tells what the researcher Dr. Budwig was able to do with EFAs (from flaxseed oil) used with quark (resembling sulphurated proteins in cottage cheese and yogurt).  The section begins with:  “Lost, Strayed or Stolen.”  Best…AF

Bill
    Participant

A Friend,

Thanks for this excellent article on HCL from the Townsend letter. I know from past use just how effective this stuff is by injection. Im also taking it orally and I believe it is extremely helpful. After reading this article I'd really like to find a doc who would add the Iv or injection form to my regimen. It could quite possibly be a big booster to AP. Thanks for the  superb detective work.
    be well,

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Many things can help our body stay well or recover…AP & HCl are two of these’ is closed to new replies.