Home Forums General Discussion Magnesium deficiency an important key for 300 functions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

[/color]

I was searching for a link pertaining to aspartic acid's role in magnesium and potassium which I'd read a bit about in an article and had saved an excerpt in my files. It captured my attention and I wanted to know more.  Hoping to find it,  I randomly did a search for the “importance of aspartic acid with cal/mag”, and the article (13 pages) with the link above showed up — and seems to have given me a ton of information.

It was recently learned that my ATP was about half of what it should be (even though I'd supplemented CoQ10 for years and magnesium for the past year for rather serious problems), and this information was considered quite a find.  I believe this article — especially for you, Tish, with the esophageal spasms, and for myself  for a new onset type of spasms — may shed some light for us.  Hope so, anyway. 

AF 

mom
    Participant

I'm curious about how you had your ATP level checked?

MOM

A Friend
    Participant

[user=260]mom[/user] wrote:

I'm curious about how you had your ATP level checked?

MOM

I was referred to a cardiologist where I live for sudden onset of what seemed to be frequent unstable angina episodes, and received the usual testing… plus the mentioned special test for which blood was drawn and sent to a special lab. (This cardiologist was involved in Co-enzyme Q10 research, along with his cardiologist father, and Karl Folkers researcher at UT years ago.  They did controlled studies on patients using supplementation, I believe, at a clinic in Temple.)  It is ironic that I lived in that area when I first became chronically ill, and remember reading about that impressive research. When I needed a cardiologist, I was aware of his presence and had a friend who highly recommended him.)  AF

[Edit..addendum]  I have not seen the test results, nor had ever read anything about it. So, am thinking I may have my terminology skewed technically.  It was a measure of my Coenzyme Q10 levels, and I'm thinking I read this is needed for production of energy for ATP… Will let you know more about this when I know more.  What I know is that I got a call from the office and was told the test level was 1/2 as much as it ideally should be and I  should double the amount I had been taking of a specific type that is much more absorbable.]

A Friend
    Participant

My ongoing education about Magnesium Deficiency is proving very interesting (but occurring much later than I would have preferred in my search for wellness!).  This  information should be  common knowledge, but doesn't seem to be.  I do remember reading over the past few years that magnesium is responsible for over 300 critical metabolic reactions.  This paper begins stating that if magnesium is deficient or faulty in any of these “critical metabolic reactions,” dire consequences can result.  

http://www.pbraunmd.org/magnesiu.htm 

The above linked paper shared yesterday on magnesium by Dr. B was pretty technical for me, but became easier after the first several pages, and was definitely worth plowing through.  It discussed that usual Serum Magnesium testing is not accurate and gave reasons why.  Dr. B did include one or more references to ways to test that can reveal if one is deficient in magnesium.  

There is quite a bit of (profound to me) information in this paper.  Page 5's heading, Magnesium As a Treatment for Certain Disorders  identifies problems  that may be helped — especially on pages 5, 6, and 7.  Some possible, but not all, mentioned were:  some instances of sudden death in athletes and joggers, fine tremors, anxiety, panic disorder, Raynaud's spastic vessels (cold white fingers), cardiac arrhythmia, fatigue, neurotic symptoms, chronic muscle spasm, mast cells release of too much histamine, toxic brain syndrome symptoms, even mentions on page 8 under Trace Minerals Using White Blood Cell Analysis, that clinical uses responsive to magnesium included esophageal spasm, some cases of high blood pressure, menstrual and leg cramps, seizure-disorders, and urinary stones. 

(Many others uses were mentioned on the previous pages 5,6,7 that were not included here.) 

roserdRA
    Participant

Hi A Friend!

I just posted about Schussler cell salts in ” Did I beat it?”

You might be really interested in these essential Minerals!

Just google “Schussler salts” for info.

Best regards, RoserdRA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Magnesium deficiency an important key for 300 functions’ is closed to new replies.