Home Forums General Discussion Magnesium

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

I never heard of this before, but when googled I came up with a lot of articles on it–

http://shatterlimits.com/magnesium-is-a-powerful-natural-anti-inflammatory-mineral/

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

orchid
    Participant

I take magnesium daily (to manage thyroid-related anxiety) and it is amazing stuff. Thanks for the link!

It's great for headaches/migraines and muscle pain/twitching and I now use it for menstrual cramps. Usually my cramps are awful – now I barely get a twinge.

Love magnesium!

spacehoppa
    Participant

Great link Trudi!

Yes, I have always found that magnesium seems to have almost instantaneous anti-inflammatory effects when I rub magnesium oil (magnesium chloride) directly on to my joints. I used to do this daily at a time when I couldn't (erroneously as it turns out) take actual NSAIDS. It gave me a lot of relief and I remember saying to my GP at the time that it was better than the morphine patches he had me on!

I always wondered why it worked, but if it is directly anti-inflammatory then that makes sense. It's good stuff, in so many ways.

And yes, I too used to have killer period pain and now I barely know when my period starts. It also works like a charm for nighttime anxiety and restless legs.

Trudi
    Participant

[user=415]spacehoppa[/user] wrote:

I rub magnesium oil (magnesium chloride) directly on to my joints.

Hi Ruth–

Which magnesium oil do you use?

Thanks,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

spacehoppa
    Participant

I think it's called Ancient Minerals Trudi.

Trudi
    Participant

Thanks, Ruth–

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Magnesium’ is closed to new replies.